Where is the fishing hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the fishing hot?

I was just wondering where the hot spots might be, so I can make a plan of attack for Saturday.
    I was going to use slp launch, but don't think so now. I'm going to head out of sea isle.
    Last edited by coachlaw; March 29, 2013, 09:41 AM.

Lmao.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

We're is the fishing hot

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
      Lmao.
      Lmao u read my mind
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

We're: (wir) We are

Perhaps you meant, where: (hwer) in or at what place?

Read the Galveston Daily News for hot spots. Good Luck!
        "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Yes was using siri on I phone so it messes up every now and then when you are in a hurry

Comment

Originally posted by happyshaker View Post
            Yes was using siri on I phone so it messes up every now and then when you are in a hurry
            Don't you just hate that! It's getting to where texting and driving not only causes spelling errors, but may actually be dangerous as well. Who knew? lol

Just kidding with you. Good luck fishing. We plan to be out there Saturday, too.
            "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Fixed it for ya. I don't know where the fishing is hot. Things change day to day. But if you were planning on using the SLP launch, why not try it out and report back? We NEED intelligence on this. I'd be working on that issue down there today, but I'm out of town.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Well, it's pretty darned hot in my spa but I rarely catch anything.
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                  HAHA.. That is a big turd fish!
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

This guy for real?

Comment

Originally posted by Potlicker12 View Post
                      This guy for real?
                      Pretty sure. It's on the internet ain't it?
                      I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Take it for what it's worth, and this is all second hand information, but here is where the fishing has been hot for me the past week.

1. Galveston Surf(west end)

*With a lot of north winds this spring, the surf has stayed flat and cleaned for most of this past month. People think that surf fishing is only hot in the summer months, but that's where they're wrong. Big topwaters, dark plastics, and cut mullet have been the baits of choice out there. I personally know of two 10+ pound fish caught in the past two weeks out there. Keep it between the first and second gut and keep an eye out for baitfish.

2. Offats Bayou

*This old timey winter hole is still producing today. Just walk in, anchor up, or whatever your preference and toss some 52mr's into that abyss and hang on for dear life! The trout have been good at times, but the redfish and more than made up for it. Only bad thing is is that many of these fish have been over the slot limit. If you're ok with catch and release then this is the place for you.

3. Bridge at SLP

*Anchor your boat down current of a piling, break out your Alabama rig, throw it up current, slow roll it next to the structure, and hang on. It's not uncommon to catch fish two at a time here right now. I personally caught a limit of trout to 23" here last week in 7 casts.

Hopefully this helps get you pointed in the right direction. Don't hesitate to come back to FWE when you have more questions. This is about the friendliest fishing community you can find online!!
                        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Re: Where is the fishing hot?

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                          watch out for red tide and brown Tide.lmao

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                            Take it for what it's worth, and this is all second hand information, but here is where the fishing has been hot for me the past week.

1. Galveston Surf(west end)

*With a lot of north winds this spring, the surf has stayed flat and cleaned for most of this past month. People think that surf fishing is only hot in the summer months, but that's where they're wrong. Big topwaters, dark plastics, and cut mullet have been the baits of choice out there. I personally know of two 10+ pound fish caught in the past two weeks out there. Keep it between the first and second gut and keep an eye out for baitfish.

2. Offats Bayou

*This old timey winter hole is still producing today. Just walk in, anchor up, or whatever your preference and toss some 52mr's into that abyss and hang on for dear life! The trout have been good at times, but the redfish and more than made up for it. Only bad thing is is that many of these fish have been over the slot limit. If you're ok with catch and release then this is the place for you.

3. Bridge at SLP

*Anchor your boat down current of a piling, break out your Alabama rig, throw it up current, slow roll it next to the structure, and hang on. It's not uncommon to catch fish two at a time here right now. I personally caught a limit of trout to 23" here last week in 7 casts.

Hopefully this helps get you pointed in the right direction. Don't hesitate to come back to FWE when you have more questions. This is about the friendliest fishing community you can find online!!
                            wheres my rubber boots!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Where is the fishing hot?

Chit gettn deep
                              Karma's a beach.

Comment

Working...
                              X