Port Aransas Fishing Help Urgent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Aransas Fishing Help Urgent!

Well my son won his regional digital media contest and now is headed for the state competition in Port Aransas this weekend. Due to work I could not take him down there however his buddy's family could so no problem. Well the family cant make it now and good ol dad needs to take the boys down to Port A.

I aint going down there for the weekend without taking my fishing gear but I have no clue where to go. Does anyone have any advice as to where to fish either wading or on a pier.

at night if you can find any place with good lights. I allways catch tons of fish at night there.

Comment

Anybody fish the new packery channel?

Comment

Red Dot Pier off SPID for black drum, its on the packery channel. Or if you are in Aransas Pass there are lots of good wade fishing areas off 361 going down towards the fairy.
        Nothin' but hardheads.....

Comment

Try wading anywhere along the highway between Port A and Aransas Pass.
          VHF 16/68

Comment

Or go down to wilsons cut and fish the flats there. Another option would be to rent a yak from Slow Ride...dean thomas and he'll give you some ideas where to fish down there. The Lighthouse lakes have a lot of good redfish habitat. Find mud and bait together on the flats and it's on. A lot of people like our Redfish DVD, but don't take my word for it...plenty of testimonials on the web and site.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Guys I just wanted to report back in. Friday night we fished one of the small peirs in Port A called Cow Pasture I think. Nothing doing on lures or live shrimp in the lights. Water was moving good and alot of gafftop where caught but that wasnt our cup of tea. Sat morning we hit the south jetty. Caught makerel and sheapshead on the surf side. Windy was blowing like a mother so it wasnt easy but overall not too bad. Sunday am we hit Marker 37 peir. Lots of lady fish on gulps and spoons a few specks and one nice flounders. Overall not too terrible bad but we didnt hit the jackpot. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Working...
              X