Fishing after the Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing after the Rain

I was planning on hitting the water in the next few days. I am just finishing up my little square stern canoe/skiff and wanted to wet a line in it.

What are yalls thoughts on fishing after a hard rain like this?

Re: Fishing after the Rain

Fish still gotta eat, i pay more attention to tide movement after rain and fish a little deeper

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Go fish.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

build a fire. Its cold out there and the fish will come to the warmth of the fire.

Comment

Supposed to clear out tonight, alledgedly. Can't wait to see what the morning brings, I'm ready.

Comment

The answer is always

go fish
            FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

That rain will have virtually no effect on the bays, in fact it may flush some of the trout out of the bayous and back bays.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Should be fine near Galveston. Don't discount some of the deeper back bays though. I've caught some good fish in deep channels where the top layer of water is fresh, and the bottom layer is salt.
                Resident Ninja

Comment

I went today, late start, got in the water @ 10am. The marshes were draining fast with the out-going tide and north wind. I couldn't work a lure as all I had was 1/16th & 1/8th ounce heads. So I tied on a gulp under a cork. Caught 8- 18" reds. (It may have been the same one 8 times) One flounder for dinner and out of the water @ 2pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    build a fire. Its cold out there and the fish will come to the warmth of the fire.
                    Mr.Gilbert,
                    I think I might have read about that method in one of those fishing magazines.
                    Thanks for the good tip! I'll have to try that out when I get to learn how to back down a boat ramp and go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                      That rain will have virtually no effect on the bays, in fact it may flush some of the trout out of the bayous and back bays.
                      It didn't rain enough to have a real effect... Kenny's dead on! nice work.
                      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        Why didn't I think of that?!
                        Was blind but now... "I SEA!"

Comment

Kenny is right the rain will have no bearing on the bay at all… Rain is only an inconvenience to the fisherman. The fish do not care if it is raining at all the fact of the matter is the fish are already wet my friend… Now go catch em’ they should just jump in the canoe with you waving the white flag… If you can find a fish to surrender like a John McCain or the other 15 sale outs hell they will fillet the other fish for you… POS's
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                          X