News from Anegada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Anegada

No fishing pics yet. Hope to have my boat back in the water this weekend. I have an 11' Boston Whaler here that I left in the "care" of a friend. The short story:He left it in the water, poorly anchored, and it wound up bouncing off of a rip-rap pier for a week. I reglassed the bottom last month, and am waiting for my trailer to get here on Thursday. I had to buy a new trailer in Florida ($789) and ship it here ($2,000!). Anyway, should be fishing soon.

Sandy (Coachlaw) will be HERE seven weeks from today!

A few pics...

Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
    and
    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Beautiful as usual! - bummer about the boat and the 2 G's shipping!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Excellent pic's, wish I was there right now.
      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

awesome pics!!!!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

News from Anegada

Living the dream sir.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

News from Anegada

You should have gotten sandy to hide the trailer in his suitcase.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

was on a trip and a guy dint tie up a brand new 24' shearwater and it was bouncing off the rip rap at the dock in Big Lake-no holes, just lots of nice dings and scratches-sorry Walker.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

News from Anegada

Fantastic pictures...,beautiful place!

Sorry about the boat & trailer.. Ouch!

Sandy, do you need a bag boy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The rip-rap completely removed the glass in a number of places, so that the foam was exposed. Ground and glassed and drank some rum. The new boat bottom is by no means perfect, but it is "island good".
                  Walker

and

Comment

that is most beautiful

Comment

Too bad about those pictures.
                      By the time Sandy finishes his visit, he'll spruce up the area with LSU banners and a more cajun look to the place.
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I will tear down and burn all LSU stuff and replace it with Tulane stuff!

I can hardly wait. Got these pics on my screen and I'm thinkin', "I'm going to be standing RIGHT THERE soon!"
                        Last edited by coachlaw; April 23, 2013, 01:11 PM.
                        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                          I will tear down and burn all LSU stuff and replace it with Tulane stuff!

I can hardly wait. Got these pics on my screen and I'm thinkin', "I'm going to be standing RIGHT THERE soon!"
                          LSU and Tulane on the same island...., this could get real interesting

Comment

Looks like a wonderful place (again) and I hope Coach and y'all have a great time. About the boat bustin' up on the rip-rap ... have you thought about putting in a permanent mooring with a Big Honking Anchor with some old chain and a long thick rope? You should be able to find some old relics in the reefs maybe ... the divers are pretty good about finding that stuff. Have fun and please post-em-up!

Comment

When the seas are down, I keep the whaler anchored out off the front yard. If the seas are too heavy for the danforth that I have on the boat, the seas are too big for the boat to be out there at all.

The trailer is for when I am not on the island. I learned my lesson about trusting someone else to take care of the boat. From now on, when I am not here, the boat is high and dry.
                              Walker

and

Comment

Working...
                              X