Heading across jones from Louis Bait camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading across jones from Louis Bait camp

Anything to look out for coming out of louis? I've never put in there. Planning on hitting some of the drains through there, and making my way down through Jones and out into the ICW. If I get about 75 yards off the west shore of Jones, am I good to go all the way down to the the spoils near the ICW? I dont' see any reefs or anything on my navionics or the multiple aerials, but I haven't been on that side of Jones yet.

You talking about popping out past fat boys by the causeway or running west toward harborwalk?
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Over to Harborwalk and west. Otherwise I'd just throw in at fat boy's. I'm ready for some new scenery. I've been all around the causeway and the deer Islands, and I'll looking to expand to the west.

I try to only go about 6-7 miles one way, cuz I've only got a 25, and hate wasting time driving around. Plus I always like to be close enough to the ramp if an "oh $hit" condition shows up.

Comment

Once you get into Jones proper there are a few reefs that are marked pretty well just steer clear of those. Stay 100 yards or so off the shoreline and turn left at the mouth of the diversionary. It's a straight shot past a pvc marker (formerly harveys pole - now 3 PVC pipes lashed together) to the intracoastal from there. There are reefs on either side so be careful. Note your route because you need to backtrack to get back in.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	jones.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	559630

Something like this?

Comment

Here's some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]25193[/ATTACH]

Something like this?
              Precisely!! Dont curve quite as much towards the mouth of the canal when you get near it. If you cut the corner there's not much water right up on the shoreline there right off that point.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Once you get into Jones proper there are a few reefs that are marked pretty well just steer clear of those. Stay 100 yards or so off the shoreline and turn left at the mouth of the diversionary. It's a straight shot past a pvc marker (formerly harveys pole - now 3 PVC pipes lashed together) to the intracoastal from there. There are reefs on either side so be careful. Note your route because you need to backtrack to get back in.
                I was wondering what had happened to my old totem pole in Jones. Now I know.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                  I was wondering what had happened to my old totem pole in Jones. Now I know.
                  I think the Harvey that it was named after has long since passed man. Not sure what became of the pole. Can't remember if it was a victim of Ike or if the dredge crew took it out when they came through. Sure did like it though. The blinking light it had on it was a useful tool.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

lol... never claimed it for more than the landmark it was pre- electronics days when we learned that area the hard way. Thanks for the memories! Harvey had to be a good dude.

Comment

Working...
                    X