Big Cats in the Deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Cats in the Deep

We shot out of Sea Isle yesterday morning ready to relax and do some fishing w/ my buddy happyshaker. Went to several spots but only caught a few stingrays and trash fish and decided to go try AP and fish the ICW. Read that they wear catching huge catfish at the jetties so figured I'll try my luck in deeper water and fish the bottom with some frozen mullet I had from a few trips back. Landed these and a few others but my neighbor seems to always come out when I'm cleaning my fish and shared my catch before I could take a pic of the other catfish. Happyshaker caught a few rat reds and a" Huge" Hardhead but it got near the prop and now is just telling the story about the one that got away.
    Attached Files
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Catch 'em all!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Please, catch them all!
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Glad you guys caught some fish - I've caught those things before but I've never eaten them. I've heard they're good though.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thes bass-turds wont leave my Gulps alone!! I caught 2 last weekend in Choco both weighing over 4 pounds. Everyone tell sme that they are great eating but I aint going to mess with them.

Comment

I fished West Bay near mid-bay in some deeper water, lots of bait and Pelicans diving. If you threw a popping cork with live shrimp you were almost garanteed a 4 to 5 lb gafftop. Had some fun and got my string streched. Let them all go, it makes the cleaning of your ice chest easier and it doesn't slime to beer.

Comment

Snot Sharks!!!!

Comment

Some people are ignorant to the fact that if it is not a red, speck, flounder (and an easy fillet) they stay away from a good tasting fish.
                "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Originally posted by Flounderpounder420 View Post
                  Some people are ignorant to the fact that if it is not a red, speck, flounder (and an easy fillet) they stay away from a good tasting fish.
                  Unlike smoked fish, I think the fisherman must be smoked-up for this fish to be worth the trouble. lol

I have heard many people say they taste good, and I don't doubt that. I also love a good fight on my fishing pole, but these things will slime everything they touch and then some. No thanks. That's not my ignorance as much as it is my choice.

Happy fishing!
                  "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Working...
                  X