468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

portable live well ( areator ) what works well ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portable live well ( areator ) what works well ?

Looking at portable live well, ( areator in a bucket ) . What works , what to stay away from ?

Artificial baits don't die....

Comment

It depends on what kind of fishing you're doing. Will you be on a boat, a bank or in the water?
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

This will be for camp site.. Im thinking I will xfer a few shrimp into the yellow floater for the kayak use.

Comment

5 gallon paint bucket - bubbler and cover from Academy. Like you initially posted.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I buy the cheap D cell aerator bubbler Academy sells for about $6 each. They crap out after about 5 uses, but for $6 WTH. You could get recirculating pump for $12-15, but those create heat and kill the shrimp by morning unless you change the water often and use a frozen ziploc to keep the water cold in a 52 qt. Igloo. If your car/truck has a converter, get a 110 volt aquarium bubbler-those work well and should not be much drain on a battery and use a 52 qt. igloo and a good idea to cool it down with ice in a ziploc.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Marine Metal Products. You can get it at Academy. Floating Airhead. Spare Battery. Old Cooler. Your Bait, or fish for a weigh in, will be lively.
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

X2

In my 2nd boat cooler I've added the MMP Super Saver aerator:

and run it off the trolling motor battery. I added a venturi (from an aquarium) just before the jets, that adds more micro bubbles through the jets.

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
                Marine Metal Products. You can get it at Academy. Floating Airhead. Spare Battery. Old Cooler. Your Bait, or fish for a weigh in, will be lively.
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

If you're going to be in the heat and sun, use an old cooler. The heat will quicky make your live bait into fresh dead.
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

get an oxygen bottle. line an ice chest with burlap and keep the water cool. Frozen water bottles work good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      get an oxygen bottle. line an ice chest with burlap and keep the water cool. Frozen water bottles work good.
                      potlicker
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

LOL, X2 on the potlicker advice. I've had my O2 bottle system now for 3 years and it is hands down the best way to keep bait alive.
                        Keep a dozen croakers in a 5 gallon bucket alive for 5 days, changing water a few times and keep it cool.
                        O2 is the WTG
                        Shrimp on steroids lol with this system!!!!
                        Finfisher

Comment

Working...
                        X