Joining CCA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining CCA?

Is joining the CCA worth it? Someone told me they don't really do a whole lot. Any truth to that?
    i like to support groups that support us.

They have the STAR tournament im joining every year. and yes they do plenty to help us fisherman out
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
      They have the STAR tournament im joining every year. and yes they do plenty to help us fisherman out
      That's good, I'm gonna look into it

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
        x2

Comment

Joining CCA?

Coming from a family of commercial fisherman I personally think they are a bunch of communist bastages. I enter their tourney every year though cause I would be po'd if I caught a tagged fish and wasn't entered. What sucks is it costs me twice as much because I have to make a donation to the Texas shrimpers association to counter the money I gave the communists.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
            Coming from a family of commercial fisherman I personally think they are a bunch of communist bastages. I enter their tourney every year though cause I would be po'd if I caught a tagged fish and wasn't entered. What sucks is it costs me twice as much because I have to make a donation to the Texas shrimpers association to counter the money I gave the communists.

Lol, well worded

Comment

Stickers!

Comment

So what you are sayin is your still a prospect?.bring back the GCCA...
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I didn't re-up for the first time in 20 years! I'm still mad about their lack of support when it came to the West Bay dredging. It took a contractor 2 months to ruin the grass beds on the north shoreline and they didn't seem to do much to stop this while it happened! I thought that was their reson for existing.....

Comment

very interesting svs. I think I'm going to stick with not becoming a member....many ppl have told me the same thing...lack of support.

Comment

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about them Mike.
                      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

IMO, they lost sight of Fondren's intended purpose and became another "money grubbing machine" instead of an organization to better fishing. They did almost nothing regarding the snapper issue, have put forth some proposals that IMO are counter to fishermen and like SVS said, they did zero in regards to the dredging. FWE did more about the dredging than the CCA and Coe doesn't have a multi-million dollar war chest like the CCA has. It became another political lobbyist. I don't even sign up for the CCA tourney-of course I've caught 1 tagged red each year I haven't signed up-which I fillet and eat the fish and throw the tag away. Who wants to add to Obama's taxes by having to pay the taxes on a new truck and boat anyway???
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The only reason I'm a member is because I usually get a free one from the banquets I attend on the company's dime.
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                            The only reason I'm a member is because I usually get a free one from the banquets I attend on the company's dime.

x2

Comment

I also would call your local chapter president and ask what they do to better the resource. Inform yourself. Form your own opinion, don't let others do it for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X