TCD last night 4/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCD last night 4/29

I got out to the Dike around 1130 last night and had the lights set up by 1145. The shad were so thick it made the trout green water look muddy. The trout started showing up about 10 minutes later, but they were only after one thing, the nickle sized shad in the water. I managed to catch 3, around 16 inches.

Around 1 a massive school of mullet that ranged from 18-24 inches swam into the lights and started gorging themselves on the nickle sized shad, and made it almost impossible to get the bait in the trouts strike zone. I had never seen anything like it. A few more casts after the massive school of mullet swam into the lights, I get hooked up and I thought for sure it was a solid trout. I was way off. I caught a 20" mullet on artificial. If you've never caught a mullet, they are surprisingly powerful. I would call them a poor mans version of a bone fish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mullet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	574090
    Son of the Republic

and i thought catching a gaftop on a plastic was rare!!!!

Comment

Brother caught one in the mouth on topwater!!! What lure is that? Looks like a glass minnow

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
        and i thought catching a gaftop on a plastic was rare!!!!

gafftop on plastic isn't rare, mullet on plastic is.

Comment

Those are the wedge tail crappie minnow. It's the only thing I throw in the lights. http://www.fishstanley.com/wkg_store...=0&sort=normal
          Son of the Republic

Comment

Try a small silver spoon, work it real agressively, it sometimes getsem quick!
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
            X