Kingfish Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfish Question

Do the kings hang out around the jetties? If so, when do they usually start to show? All the times I've checked reports from the area, kings are mentioned offshore, the beach and piers, but have never seen any info about them near the jetties. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
    VHF 16/68

Kingfish Question

I've seen then caught there in the heat of the summer when the water is clear. Lots of fun but not worth a crap as table fare.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Re: Kingfish Question

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      I've seen then caught there in the heat of the summer when the water is clear. Lots of fun but not worth a crap as table fare.
      There one of my favorites to eat, cut the bloodline out, cook in the oven with the broiler, and eat it fresh the same day

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
      I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Kingfish Question

You can have all the ones I catch.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

July. There are more and earlier at the Port A jetty.

The little Smacks (spanish mackerel) are pretty tasty.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

I'm familiar with Port A. Most of my fishing has been there......trying to learn the Galveston area.
            Thanks.
            VHF 16/68

Comment

Usually late July, early to mid August when water is clear. Try chumming, but plan on lots of trash like sharks, etc. Best to go hit the platforms and drift, troll or balloon.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
              X