Flounder Gigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder Gigging

Any suggestions on lights to use while gigging for flounder. I'm going to be walking and not in a boat. Any help is appreciated.

We bought one from the underwater green fishing lights booth at one of the tournaments and it is self contained, lightweight, and bright enough to blind you haha!
    Tight Lines

Comment

Flounder Gigging

Originally posted by texasfishermanhr View Post
      Any suggestions on lights to use while gigging for flounder. I'm going to be walking and not in a boat. Any help is appreciated.
      Academy has underwater gigging lights get the deluxe version it's all PVC. Try and find a 2 prong gig they will have them near the nets. While you are there get a 12v deer feeder battery and charger. I would swap out the connections to alligator clips or female spades so that the connections are secure on the battery and wires to the light. You'll either use a backpack or fanny pack to hold/ carry the battery.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        Academy has underwater gigging lights get the deluxe version it's all PVC. Try and find a 2 prong gig they will have them near the nets. While you are there get a 12v deer feeder battery and charger. I would swap out the connections to alligator clips or female spades so that the connections are secure on the battery and wires to the light. You'll either use a backpack or fanny pack to hold/ carry the battery.

X2

Go with white light

Comment

Made a set similiar to the Academy ones, but used H2O proof leds and a deer feeder battery...works pretty good, but fixing to add a second light to each pole.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
          X