Coming Soon 2nd Try GISP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon 2nd Try GISP

It is summer again, and we have two trips planned to GISP this year. Last year we struck out on plastics from the kayak trying to learn
    lake como and dana cove. I think the part that amazed me more than anything is the depth, ( my depth finder is stupid at less than 2 )
    of the entire area. Very shallow. I had trouble with nearly ever cast the lure having some or lots of grass attached as I worked it back.
    This year going back to old stand by Live shrimp. I saw a nice reef Carancahua Reef, not sure I could make the paddle out and back and if it would be worth the work. Target is specs, reds, flounder.
    Help me stay out of Gaudos on the seawall to get my seafood fix.
    First stop last of may, second stop 4th july

Try some top water plugs in that grass
    Good luck
    Finfisher

Comment

Yep, topwaters.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

If you are getting a lot of grass on your plastics, try using a 1/16 or 1/8" jig head, weedless spoons, super-spook jr. work great over grass.

Comment

I rig my platics on a flutter hook (offset shank hook with lead molded to curve) and it works great. Imparts a new unique action, catches little to no grass, and has a pretty decent hookup ratio.

Russ

Comment

Try just outside of the geotubes. 2-5 ft.

Comment

I think this time im going to take a broom stick to nail the yak in position. And im creating a gps map or interesting features there. The pelicans helped me last time. Huge group standing nearby, paddled over , wow a geotube.. Thanks for the great hints.. Im going to call the place at lake como to check hours of operation for live bait.

Comment

Look for any baitfish concentration on the grass edge / drop of Dana cove, the geotubes; you might also work the bottom for flounder in that cut between dana and lake como... I wouldn't waste your time paddling to Carancahua Reef...
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                X