Coyotes at SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyotes at SLP

Maybe I just fell out the back of a turnup truck and this is old news to everybody but me.
    I shat-you-not, last night we had a pack of about 4-5 coyotes approach our camp. I've never seen them on Galveston before but I see them every time I go to PINS so I knew right away what they were as soon as I spotted them. They are smart and sneaky bastiges and will rob your ice chest if you go to sleep.
    As soon as I lit-up the one I aspotted with a search light I spotted the rest of them. They were spread out about 100 yards and ran back to the dunes once the light came on. Those dogs are creepy when they start comming around.

I was gigging the shore in front of the airport one night and heard a pack as they started yelping but never saw them so I guess this should not be to surprising.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

never heard of em on the island before (not that I'm doubting you). thats interesting
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Yep.Been there for a while.I just wonder how they survived Ike.

Comment

theres a pack of them that live in the field next to Texas Campgrounds.. also saw one swimming across the intercoastal near alligator point when fishing the slam tourny
        Boats and hoes.

Comment

I see them all the time behind my house at SLP. Ive seen them in the streets in my yard etc..There a alot of them on galv.

Ike knocked the sheet out of them but about 3 weeks after Ike, AquaPimp and I were in that field behind the water tower and saw the lst post Ike coyote.

A policeman I know that was the lst back to the far west end after the storm said he saw them on peoples decks where they rode it out.

Comment

We've got them at Blockade Runners on Mud Island, and across the bayou on Moody's Island too. Never had one act in an aggressive manner, but they are the main reason I always have a gun with me. Heck, while fishing once, I had one come up and start begging. She was on a flat about 30 feet from the boat. I threw her a fish and she scarfed it down. She was doing a dance and rolling over/showing her belly. I think she was a half-breed with dog in her. Also had a full breed chase my cork around once on the edge of the marsh in Cold Pass. I gave him a scrimp for the effort. Stuart on 2cool video'd the incident and posted it there. They called me "Dances with coyotes."
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I saw one at SLP one month after Ike while gigging. I've seen single yotes twice near the GYB post-Ike. The last one near the GYB was about 2 months ago, and had a cat in it's mouth.

Comment

My buddy also saw one get lost in one of the UTMB parking garages. Running around in circles and couldn't find its way out. They had a few cops there to pop it if it got agressive.

Comment

That would be cool to see, but I agree they are a little scary. Speaking of wild animals, I was laying in the hammock last night after a few captain and sprites and 4 racoons came into the back under my hammock and attached our garbage can while I was swinging away! One started climbing the lattace and I had to pour beer on him to get down
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

they are everywhere.i saw 3 crossing hwy.6 and 1092 one morning going into and grocery store parking lot.just like thieves,go where the booty is
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Seen em between the pass and the water tower a few times...also, strangely enough, seen some back in Greens...
                      sigpic

Comment

I've seen them running a bayou that feeds the ship channel near 610 and 225.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

They kinda taste like chicken

AQUA PIMP
                          AQUA PIMP......
                          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                          X