610 Sports Fishing Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 610 Sports Fishing Show

Is it just me or has the 610 Sports Fishing radio show been a disaster ever since Captain Mickey took over?? All it is now is one big guide service infomercial. I remember back in the day it was 70% regular callers with fishing questions and maybe a guide slipped in a couple times an hour. Now its all guides calling in giving there boring azz reports, pretty much the same crap every week. Capt Mickey sucks,,, all he does is agree and repeat what is said like a freaking parrot. He hardly ever gives pointer or tips for this area. He is a waste of air time the whole show is.

610 Sports Fishing Show

Strong words dude. He's actually a stand up guy and he has lots of friends on here. I'm not much on radio shows so I can't speak to that but I know he's a great guy.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Re: 610 Sports Fishing Show

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      Strong words dude. He's actually a stand up guy and he has lots of friends on here. I'm not much on radio shows so I can't speak to that but I know he's a great guy.
      X2
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        I was striclty speaking on the radio show performance. For the record I have heard much stronger comments on this forum so I really dont get the shock affect from it. Only my opinion and for the record I have heard both good and bad about the guy but again I am only talking about the radio show. If I offended some of you because I think he sucks as a radio host well then let me just say he is not very good at it AT ALL. Hope that is a little better for his friends on this forum. Dont want a war especially on this forum as I have seen some pretty strong posts in the past.........

Comment

A long time ago I remember a lot of guides being on the show back then too... i think it's a good thing.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Being able to sit and listen in on conversations between guides about fishing local waters for past decades is a bad thing? Exactly what do you want out of the show pieman?
            "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
            boom

Comment

At 4 a.m usually the guides are the only ones calling in, everyone else is usually still sleeping/getting ready. Allowing them to call in and advertise kind of guarantees them some discussion instead of dead air at that hour. I don't listen to it as much as I use to but I still tune in from time to time. I always like it when some of the old salts get on and start reminiscing of the good ol' days.

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
                A long time ago I remember a lot of guides being on the show back then too... i think it's a good thing.
                Yes sir but not alot of guides the show was set around everyday fisherman calling in asking questions and getting tips. The guides would call in every once and a while but now its all guides. They may slip in a call in question every once and a while but very seldom. Look it may be the production managers decision to format the show this way so I may be way off on my opinion. I just think it was cool to hear questions coming in that were similiar to what I ask is all. I know Capt Mickey is a legend when it comes to catching fish and guiding I just wish he would give tips and techniques a little more than he does . It just seems that since he is still a working guide he stays a little tight lipped on good Galveston areas and such. I guess it makes sense but kinda why we listen to these shows, at least I did back when the older Capt was doing the show.Just my opinion.

Comment

It's just you.

Comment

I can see where pieman is coming from on this. The show boring as hell. Especially the slow talking bass fisherman/guides. They put me back to sleep when I driving to the boat ramp. The show that I really enjoyed was when callers called in with their Texas tarpon encounters. Of course I enjoy the National Anthem. I have my hand on my heart and my cap on the dash while driving 70 mph.

I also agree with Ibtsoom. Capt Mickey seems like a stand up guy that views the world the same way I do. It would be a blessing to spend a few hours in a boat with him.

I do like hearing fom the coastal guides. I think it would much improved if they had a guide in the studio for a hour or two to tell stories and take calls.
                    Last edited by buoy37; May 23, 2013, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                      Being able to sit and listen in on conversations between guides about fishing local waters for past decades is a bad thing? Exactly what do you want out of the show pieman?
                      I want the hot spots and his secrets!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by texjam View Post
                        It's just you.
                        Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                          I was striclty speaking on the radio show performance. For the record I have heard much stronger comments on this forum so I really dont get the shock affect from it. Only my opinion and for the record I have heard both good and bad about the guy but again I am only talking about the radio show. If I offended some of you because I think he sucks as a radio host well then let me just say he is not very good at it AT ALL. Hope that is a little better for his friends on this forum. Dont want a war especially on this forum as I have seen some pretty strong posts in the past.........
                          Totally respect your opinion about the show - as long as we're not bashing someones charachter. Like I said I'm not a fan of -- well, any radio show really. I have heard his show and most times I simply choose not to listen - doesnt mean it's not useful to someone else.
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

This is my take on the subject. Technique and lure of choise is a personel preferance. Hotspots are on a map in Academy and gps coordinates is 007 top secret... Do you want Capt. Micky to catch your fish for you? You should be using this time to hone your fishing skills instead of talking **** about a am radio show that you made the decision to listen to??? WTF dude the is what it is tune in or tune out. over & out
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Huh, WTH are people up at 4 am for? Geez, I try to sleep until noon at least.
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X