Long Weekend Results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Weekend Results...

Took off early Thursday with Lara and headed down to extend the already long weekend. Spent Thursday afternoon goofing around in the bay and managed to land small reds and trout...nothing to write home about.

Figured I'd try a favorite spot in the pass for Friday morning. Trip was worth it as we landed several fish with two 22" spec's being the highlights. Also had a jack jump on me and even though they don't eat, they sure do tug about as hard as any fish I know. Lara landed her first flounder and is now the experienced pro as she has caught all three of the big boys we chase...

Saturday morning decided to heed the advice of Robalo and try to pitch up against the weeds in Halls. Got back into the bayou and put down the trolling motor by 7. Started out with three blow ups in a row then a nice 22" red hammered my chrome and black spook. I was using pretty light gear so had to play him out which I think is much more fun than cranking them in anyway. By the time it was 9 I had hooked up another couple specs and had about four more misses. Was back in, cleaned up, and inside by 10.

That afternoon, with buddy Mark and Lara, went back into Halls, we caught another keeper red, three sandies (larger than usual too) and a spec. Lara brought in a couple rteally nice croaks to add to the pot as well. Seemed the bite turned off with about an hour left of light so being that Jerry was dead on in the advice department, we figured we would continue the potlicking session in a favorite hole of his. Threw some shrimp and piggies...caught another nice spec going about 21-22 and then Mark caught a HUGE sow taping 24.5"...beautiful fish. We were hammering them by that time and added another red and some more trout to the mix. Jerry pulled up and caught some skip jacks...sorry buddy, I guess we had your good spot!

This morning was just Lara and I exploring the back bays and getting ready for some fall redfishing...

All in all a great weekend...will have to post the pics later as my computer that I hook the camera up to is screwed up...
    sigpic

Nice weekend, thought the fish took the weekend off in POC, or at least Sun/Mon

Comment

My first was a trout but I threw it back-then it was skipjacks. POTLICKER!!!! ha Ha. Nice fish ya all caught.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report, you have to love weekends like that!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

great report....sounds like a great weekend!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice catch!

Comment

Heard you ran into my old man at Academy.....
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Your old man...

Yup...nice guy. Saw the T shirt so asked what his inlune name was...i think I stumped him at first than he caught on and said he stole it from you...

Wish I had NOT met him as I had to replace a bettery in my boat! Oh well...
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X