I've got an ap for that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got an ap for that!

So 2112 has one of those fancy I-phones. We're sitting on the front porch last weekend he pulls the phone out, presses a "button" and the phone fills up with beer. Then he drinks it, like so. (See pic).

One of the more useful applications I've seen for this toy.
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

007 needs that app how much$$
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Ha-ha.
      Actually, thats a great pic, perfect lighting.
      That app was 99 cents, it even burps for ya once the beer is drained.
      The app I use the most is Tide Graph 2.0 by brainware. It shows moon phase, levels and rates along with a graph of the over all picture in conjustion with the time for any point I choose.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I have the same app, it is cool. One of my favorites is Shazam. If you are driving in your car and hear a song that you have no clue how sings it, you press the button and it will listen to the music and tell you everything you want to know. Scary, but cool!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

How much was the tide APP? I'm still creating the FWE APP
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I was there and saw it. Should have been a video to get the full effect. Really was funny. The phone ring tone was a ship's claxon sounding " to general quarters or to battle stations ". It went off as we sat on the poarch and our eyes widened at the surprising alarm. 2112 said it was his old ship's alarm when in the Navy. He showed us all kind of gizmos it could do. Sandy said his phone only allows conversations with people. Told them mine was an antique as well. My phone is so old that I have to insert a key in the back to wind up the spring that powers it.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Talk about old phones.
              A co-worker was still using an old satchel-corded cellular up untill last year.
              Coe...the "Tide Graph" app is $1.99
              I can't speak for other smart phone becuase I don't know anything about them but I'd be lost without mine. The ease of use and amount of things it can do is incredible. It's like walking around with a iMac that happens to double as a phone in your pocket.
              I use a 24" iMac at home and just like the commercials tout, it seems to be naturaly shielded from virus attacks.
              Apple makes great stuff.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

My Iphone drops calls all the time! Its e-mail capability is horrible for those purposes I'd stick with a Blackberry but the IPhone does have some slick APPS that Blackberry hasn't been able to even touch!

Comment

FWE app?
                  Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

"e-mail capability is horrible.."

Coe, I'm curious. Why do you say that? What does it not do that any other email does?
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

FWE APP would be sweet, as long as it is free
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                        FWE APP would be sweet, as long as it is free
                        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          My Iphone drops calls all the time! Its e-mail capability is horrible for those purposes I'd stick with a Blackberry but the IPhone does have some slick APPS that Blackberry hasn't been able to even touch!

I will never understand why people would want a phone that sucks at being a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                            I will never understand why people would want a phone that sucks at being a phone.
                            Cause I don't call anyone anymore... Text is the new wave

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                              "e-mail capability is horrible.."

Coe, I'm curious. Why do you say that? What does it not do that any other email does?
                              Ummm it doesn't save drafts, add attachments (dl attachments) and reattach... you can edit previous e-mails to delete your office assistants notes to you...

I use mine in conjunction with an exchange server... The battery life stinks compared to BB... BB has a camera that zooms and video camera (well guess the new iphone does have the video) if BB would let that storm come out to AT&T users I'd be all over it...

Though accepting Credit Cards, transferring money, using PayPal, Ebay, Google Maps is very nice with the Iphone.... It saves me a lot of time!

Comment

Working...
                              X