Fish consumption advisories for Galveston, Houston-area waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish consumption advisories for Galveston, Houston-area waters

West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

So according to this, Spotted Seat Trout are good to eat everywhere from Red Bluff down?
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Heck, I usually just eat them in my house.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
        Heck, I usually just eat them in my house.
        Good one Bruce!! No advisory at your house is a good thing!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Damn! Knew I should have worded that differently. :/
          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

This is GREAT news. It lifted the warning on speckled trout for Trinity, East, West, Galveston, Chocolate and the Jetties.

I am going to try and attach the map from TPWD:

GalvestonBay-EstuaryMap-2[1].pdf
            Last edited by Root Canal; June 26, 2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
              This is GREAT news. It lifted the warning on speckled trout for Trinity, East, West, Galveston, Chocolate and the Jetties.

I am going to try and attach the map from TPWD:

[ATTACH]25878[/ATTACH]

Well the PDF looks like it won't open. Here is the TPWD page.

Explore the latest consumption advisories, possession bans, rescinded orders, and general FAQs about bodies of water in a Texas county near you.

Comment

I've been boosting my immune system by increasing the amount of fish I catch/eat each year.

These warnings really haven't meant much to me. Being a native to the area, and working in chemical plants, the only negative exposure I've experienced from fishing was a few sunburns.
                "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Good one curmudgeon .......never would eat a fish north of red bluff . But then , i never had a chance to eat one from there . Never was troubled about eating seafood from south of that area . Hey , look at me , never hurt me...i'm sorta normal . Gotta die of something . Not that i've lately caught any fish to eat anyway .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    Good one curmudgeon .......never would eat a fish north of red bluff . But then , i never had a chance to eat one from there . Never was troubled about eating seafood from south of that area . Hey , look at me , never hurt me...i'm sorta normal . Gotta die of something . Not that i've lately caught any fish to eat anyway .
                    Yeah, Henry. If we're only counting the ones I caught then I'm completely safe! Lol!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I can take shots of pure PCBs and not even get a cough.

Comment

Originally posted by scumLORD View Post
                        I can take shots of pure PCBs and not even get a cough.
                        lmao
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good to know.
                          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

For years they had that warning down south and the fishermen disregarded it as being crazy talk. So some nerd kid at the department of health says "hey let's go sample some of them suckers." Smart kid, he got to catch a whole bunch of speck trout, ice 'em down, and brang 'em back to the lab. No PCBs!

Well duh we've been tellin' ya that for years. Thanks kid.

Comment

Hey plugger, I like that:"kind of normal." well, I can associate with that. Since I don't fish the north side, I guess I'm alright. Just wondering why I glow in the dark sometimes. Lord Bless.
                              robert
                              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X