Blockade Runners Weekend of 9-19,20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Weekend of 9-19,20

If you're not fishing the tournament for the war memorial, and you don't mind climbing on a roof, come on out to Blockade Runners on Saturday for the roof raising. Even if you don't want to climb up on a roof, I'm sure we can find something for you to do to help out.

Saturday we'll start off by prying off the old tin, saving a bit of the good stuff for the future generator shed I think. Then we'll deck the entire roof with marine plywood. Then we'll get the drip edge and shingles and everything on there. Everyone feels confident that we can get it all done in one day. I know we could probably use someone to help with chopping the tin up with a circular saw and metal cutting blade. I'll be the chief go-fer I'm sure, and I could probably use an assistant.

Sunday we'll fix any mistakes and perhaps make a run at the Ghost Camp if we still have a crew out. I'd sure like to get that whole thing done before the water gets cold. Pretty soon we'll be putting a new outer wall on the missing room and then working our way down to the corner of the kitchen. After that, the front wall gets done. Then we caulk and paint the exterior, followed by doing the interior. Anybody think I'm crazy to set a deadline for Christmas?

I know I want to have one heckuva party once it's all done. Crawfish, crabs, BBQ, etc. Only people that have worked on the place will be invited of course.

If you are interested in coming out. Please PM me or call me so I can figure how much beer to bring.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

sounds like a plan! wish I could come, workin all weekend.. good luck cold weather is coming!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

i'm planning on taking son #2 fishing down there saturday morning, so we'll come by and help for a while.
      should i bring a cordless drill? Any other tools?

Comment

Wish I could but I'll be tied up with the Tournament Saturday and resting on Sunday. Going to be a great weekend weather wise.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Sure wish I lived close enough to help, sounds like a fun project.
          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Ah, you'll make it one day Ron.

I thought I'd regale y'all with a couple of pics from last weekend. 007 and his neighbor Jeff got the back porch finished. Thanks for the hard work y'all. It's been a looooong time since we could walk all the way around. One day we'll have a railing too!
            Attached Files
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I'll be there Friday night after the Hooter's thing. My regulars have bailed on me this gig trip so I have room in the boat for any of the camp regulars wich is the way it should be anyway.
              If you guys don't want to hit 'em I'll call Yan, surley he's tired of Ibis wraps.
              Let me know who wants to go so I'll have an idea. If more than one, we can take turns. Bag a limit and the next man from the camp gets in. I perfer only 2 guys in the boat so I can pull as little draft as possible and besides, there is only enough room on the gigging deck for two anyway.
              I look to arrive at camp around 9:30p.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Something to consider as far as gigging goes. SLP tides show to be Low-Low @ midnight and then incoming all the way to a Hi tide @ 06:00a with a 1.5 ft. hight This means around 3a the water should clear up and the gigging will be outstanding for the area as long as the winds co-operate
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                  Ah, you'll make it one day Ron.

I thought I'd regale y'all with a couple of pics from last weekend. 007 and his neighbor Jeff got the back porch finished. Thanks for the hard work y'all. It's been a looooong time since we could walk all the way around. One day we'll have a railing too!
                  good work Mike when you show up alot gets done!!!!!!! you the man looks goooood!!!!! gonna try to swing by sunday!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Hey Bert, I would love to join you but unfortunately I will not be leaving Houston until about 6 or so Saturday morning. See ya Saturday and good luck!!!

Comment

I won't be giggin' witcha Bert. I've gotta get my usefulness sleep Friday night. Nobody wants a worthless Go-Fer on a roofing job, right Tom? See if Monte wants to gig, but definitely invite Yan.

For Friday it will be me, 2112, and Monte, which means we have one matress un-filled. Saturday night it might just be me and Tom staying the night, so that means 1 bed and 1 mattress are empty if anyone wants out. Pretty soon we'll have 4 more beds.

Sunday morning I'm making my famous breakfast, crispy bacon cheesy O'brien potatoes. I've got 2lbs of bacon for it and I ain't eating the bacon, so it's all for anyone who comes out. Oh, and I've got plenty of free beer for anyone who saws, hammers, etc.

Comment

Can't hardly believe I couldn't get a regular so I have asked my son David. He's
                        better than me, young and enthusiastic but I taught him all he knows.

Comment

dang Bert, I am dying to get out and stick some flounder , but I thought if I went Friday night I too would wounded and we need a roof!!!! If you ever are looking for a weeknight giiger let me know , I am pretty flexible workwise. See ya tomorrow!!!

Comment

Can't wait to have another room!!!!

Comment

Tom. the roof is more important. Who ever gigs fri nite won't be worth much saturday for real work. I 'll be happy to take you and we will whack 'em. I've got a long change comming up next weekend and have a reserved night for Corndog on the 26th.
                              Pick a date from the 25th to the 30th and we'll go.

Comment

Working...
                              X