Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP recon @ 4pm Monday 7/1

Took a few pics of SLP at 4pm.
    Water was cleaning up but still brown in the pass itself.
    Wind was from EAST about 10.

1st pic is inside the bridge on Galvatraz side.

2nd pic is onside bridge looking off toward San Luis Park from Galvatraz side.

3rd pic is beach on Galvatraz side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Moonpie; July 1, 2013, 05:03 PM.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

one more pic
    Attached Files
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

The green water was still about 3/4 mile outside the pass.
      Its coming in tho.
      There was some spots of green water up on the water line/beach in the area from Treasure Island down to the beach Condo's on Brazoria county side.
      After that it was mud all the way to Surfside.

Comment

Thanks Moonpie for the nice report.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

SLP recon @ 4pm Monday 7/1

Hopefully it will straighten up by morning
          Karma's a beach.

Comment

Nice pics.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I was just at the beach and still really dirty. Might calm down this evening, but I am not holding my breath.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                I was just at the beach and still really dirty. Might calm down this evening, but I am not holding my breath.
                sunuvagun!
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

I give up. My daughter Kelli is down to visit and wanted to fish again this evening. If I thought the surf conditions were right I would have bought her a pair of RayGuards and a fishing life vest, but since I was pretty sure they still weren't bought a half pint of shrimp and a dozen finger mullet instead and set up at the backside of the county area at San Luis Pass. Nothing but crabs! When we hit Buc-ees at 5:45, the winds appeared to be 15 from the SE. By the time we arrived at the pass, they were that much or more from the NE. There is some beautiful water hanging about 300 yards offshore, but the surf, while not big at all, is very wind chopped and brown close in. Maybe by Wednesday AM, but I am beginning to think that swellinfo.com (with all their flat, flat, flat, flat predictions) is dumber than a box of rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by shutout View Post
                    I give up. My daughter Kelli is down to visit and wanted to fish again this evening. If I thought the surf conditions were right I would have bought her a pair of RayGuards and a fishing life vest, but since I was pretty sure they still weren't bought a half pint of shrimp and a dozen finger mullet instead and set up at the backside of the county area at San Luis Pass. Nothing but crabs! When we hit Buc-ees at 5:45, the winds appeared to be 15 from the SE. By the time we arrived at the pass, they were that much or more from the NE. There is some beautiful water hanging about 300 yards offshore, but the surf, while not big at all, is very wind chopped and brown close in. Maybe by Wednesday AM, but I am beginning to think that swellinfo.com (with all their flat, flat, flat, flat predictions) is dumber than a box of rocks.
                    SAME HERE!!!!!
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

SLP recon @ 4pm Monday 7/1

Man...... Wondering if I should give it a shot in da Mornin......
                      Karma's a beach.

Comment

I'm out of the predicting business. If the winds lay, you would guess that the strong overnight incoming tide would bring the good water in, but who knows.

Comment

It's dead calm here right now.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                          X