X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside recon 04:30 7/2

Wind very light from NW. Less than 5.

Surf is low near jetty.
    Water color murky greenish. Kinda hard to judge in the dark.
    Tide nearing high end.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thanks for the report.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I set up the lights on Surfside Jetty Sunday evening and water was great until the east wind kicked it up. No problems I just spun the lights around to the Ship Channel side and kept right on fishing. Came home with my full limit for two days. The Specs were thick in Channel. Also there were a ton of Ribbon Fish early. The water is looking great. Sorry no pics cause they went straight to freezer.
      TRUSSMAN

Comment

Good report

Comment

I will be down later.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Drove by the beach front, nice and calm. Should green up if it stays calm. Going to hit it early AM, will report if I get any action.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

MOB here I come.

Comment

MOB was what I was thinking after work this evening and maybe Sam's Pier at first light before work in the AM

Comment

post a conditions report if you go tonight.

Comment

Will do. The river itself looked pretty good Sunday morning at the 36 Bridge, but Bryan Beach was rough and very brown Sunday (much worse than Surfside). It seems to me that it always takes longer for Bryan to clean up (than Surfside)

Comment

that it does. surfside pocket might be better since it does have some protection. decisions decisions. either way, I'm going in the morning.

Comment

I definitely want to be in the water at the location of the old Sam's Pier by 5:45 in the AM. That is the only reason I may not try this evening, but if I do try, it will definitely be at the MOB (That and San Luis Pass near where the pier used to be are my two favorites on an outgoing current, but it seems I've had better luck at MOB in the middle of summer)

Comment

Thanks for the various reports . Good luck to those getting to go fish on a weekday . Lucky dogs .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

It's nice being able to work & live close enough to be able to go before and after work.

Comment

water was sandy green in SS at noon, just the way I like it. threw a spook for awhile with no luck. no bait or birds working but it was flat as it gets.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X