Causway Bridge 7-4-13 ( Night)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Causway Bridge 7-4-13 ( Night)

Fished the area between the new bridge and the railroad last night. Beautiful night with almost no wind. The lights
    under the new bright are very nice. ( should have taken a picture). Only 2 trailers at Galveston Bait & Tackle when
    I launched. That's why I prefer nights. Specially on Holidays.
    Used shrimp and 2 doz. croaker. If you like Gaftop this is the place. Caught over 25 ranging for 3 to 6 LBs.
    They only hit at night.
    One small shark.
    When the sun came up a Yak came by and game me 1 small speck. He said he caught several, but only 1 keeper.
    He was fishing the new bridge pilings around the lights.
    After he left nothing would hit the croaker, but I caught 2 nice Puppy drum on shrimp.
    Kept them, but I've never eaten one before. I hear they are good eating.
    Left at 7:30 am.
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; July 6, 2013, 10:01 AM.

Forgot...I did Not keep the Gaftop. I don't care for them to eat. Was looking for trout.

Comment

I was there the night before had two keeper trout and about seven undersize
      I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the report , dale . You are the gafftop master ! I don't think many guys have been doing well with the trout catching . I fished friday and got one keeper trout and a golden croaker . As you may already know , those puppy drum are good eating . Once i keep a large gafftop to try it as tablefare . Trying to clean it was a slippery , nasty mess and when i incised the belly , all these marble sized purple balls fell out . Eggs i guess . It all was so disgusting , i chunked it all in the trash . I'd rather eat fish sticks ...har !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We were one of the trailers galv bait we fished from 9-5 caught 16 keepers from 1-5 an about 50-75 dinks it was fun just wish fish were a little better but all in all super fun trip catching one or missing one every cast
          Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Working...
          X