East Bay Navigating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay Navigating

For these last 2 years I've been trying to get familiar with Galveston Bays, I've learn Chocolate, West, and somewhat Bastrop. I've fished the jetties and around TCD mostly when I was a kid so that a no brainier. Lately I've been wanting to hit East, just to see what it's producing plus it's alot closer to La Porte, where I live. I like exploring new areas because it keeps the fun in fishing for me. I'm not asking for any secret spots but more on any areas to watch out for, or maybe a easy way to get there avoiding any reefs or underwater structure that i may hit. I'm also running solo in a 18' Gulfcoast so i'd like to get up in some marsh. I've also had a hook and line map but i lost it so im just gonna do it oldschool. I'll be heading out of TCD tomorrow morning around sunrise so I'll have plenty of time to scope out the area. Winds are gonna be fair with a light out going tide. Thanks guys

Once you pass the stingaree cut you'll run into two bayous the first is Yates and the second is big pasture , both are good flounder spots with the occasional red thrown in, as far as reefs just look for the white poles
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Thanks Reef Drifter

Comment

Run the ICW to sievers cut and and go right - towards the east . You'll cruise along and can explore all these coves and marsh outlets and with your boat and trolling motor you can get up a lot of those marshes . You could go past Stingaree cut all the way to lil pasture bayou near rollover . A lot of marsh . East bay has some shell reefs real close to shore here and there but really nothing like n and s deer islands area . Get a hook and line east bay map for sure on the way home . Study google earth . You will like east bay . No housing , jet skis , mom and pop cruising in their pontoon boat . Have fun !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Some good fishing in those drains back in the marsh East of Sievers! Ought to be getting full of Flatties right about now.

Comment

Working...
          X