Fishing with Duck Hunters Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing with Duck Hunters Question...

Hey Guys...wanted to throw this question on the board so both the fisherman and hunters can weigh in on it.

I fish the back lakes most of the time. Being teal season, I was surrounded by hunters. I give plenty of distance as I want to be safe more than polite if you know what I mean.

Many of the spots I fish I have to run right past blinds. A couple of them have me fishing in the same areas they are hunting. I dodged quite a few last season back in Greens. I was in Halls this weekend with them and ran by many in Karankawa.

Is it rude to blaze past the blinds on the way to my fishing spots? What about when the blind sits in the passable lanes? I tend to arrive before sun up so I will not often see a spread until I am near it or on it. I would think they would rather me get on past than putter through as if they were fishing...but I don't know.

If I want to then get out of there do I need to wait till they leave the blind for me to move on past? I know that the waters are public waters but at the same time I respect everyone's right to use them and I do not want to screw up someone'e hunt much like I wouldn't appreciate someone screwing up mine.

Unfortunately the reds seem to like the same marshes the ducks do.

Any feedback?
    sigpic

The only blinds I hunt are usually on islands. However, if I were hunting a blind like the ones in question, I wouldnt have a problem with you running past me. Usually fishermen stir the birds up which isnt a bad thing. Its not like fishing where if a boat runs by it ruins the hunting. I'd prob try to look around the skies and see if there are any birds working the area, if so, i'd try to steer clear of the blind. But if the skies are clear who cares they are just waiting on birds to come by anyway. Plus your wake will create some movement in the dekes which is never a bad thing. Just dont go buzzing back and forth and back and forth and it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

I'd unload on ya Brad-just because! Good question ya posed.

I guess it depends also on who's in the blind- a raving lunatic or a respectful hunter that understands. I personally would give a very wide berth and pass slowly at least over 100 yards if possible-if I saw ducks decoying towards them, I would stay away-they took a lot of time and money to get there and it would kinda be like someone got to my spot to fish first, so let them have the spot and head to another.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I will fire a shot and let you know I'm there!! Get your *** out of my spread! I was here first potlicker!!!

Its public water give a blind a good 400 yard distance and I wouldn't travel into Karankawa or Greens early morning on weekends sorry but that's just asking for trouble and pissed off hunters lol... We see you before you see us
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Also, if you frequent the area as much as BTC you know where the blinds are and aren't just be careful for that new Island that you never noticed before (That'd be me in my boat blind )
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X