H&H Cocahoe Minnow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&H Cocahoe Minnow

Friend of my dad was talking plastics and said the Cocahoe Minnow used to be
    his go to lure back in th day. He mentioned H&H now produces this lure in
    China and wonders if it is still the same lure as it was in the 80's.

Anyone still fish this on a regular basis? Is it still the same quality now
    as it was when made in USA?

ask Superspook he lives by them.!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

you got that right! if I aint soakn mullet im chunkn cocahoes!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I guess you would have to find an old timer who fished with them then and now . The plastic used in the past may have been different than now . If so , I would suspect the plastic was softer and thus had more action . But, I use them sometimes and they catch fish . It's mostly presentation anyway as to how effective a bait is .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Aside from sparkle beetles, this is my go to with trout. Tandem rigged for 2 at a time fun. Yes, the quality is NOT what it used to be. They used to swim better. I began using these in 1985 on my 12th birthday. We came home with over 100 fish that day.

And for you silly Texans, this bait is pronounced Cock-a-ho, not Coke-a-ho.

In La., we call mud minnows cocahoes.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I didnt know how that was pronounced, due to where I was from, so I say them co-co nose. (Exactly CO Co Nose) I still get crap from my hubs for the way I say Tarpon, and several other words, but you know what, it dont matter Life is too short for that in my world.

Comment

I like jigging soft plastics and at times cocohoes are as good as any soft bait out there. I prefer the queen on a 1/4 oz. head. They work in the surf as well.

Comment

the newer ones are made in the states and have good action. don't buy the ones from china.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

If I order directly from H&H website hopefully those are manufactured in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                    Aside from sparkle beetles, this is my go to with trout. Tandem rigged for 2 at a time fun. Yes, the quality is NOT what it used to be. They used to swim better. I began using these in 1985 on my 12th birthday. We came home with over 100 fish that day.

THANK YOU FOR THE INSTRUCTION , BOUDREAUX !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

SOSDD
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

any color preference?
                        "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

I like the queen size in green/glow. They are stout. U can catch some good fish before changing them. Very true on presentation. Lord Bless.
                          robert
                          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

In LA. they call EVERYTHING food.
                            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

I can honestly say that I've never eaten a cocahoe. Hardhead, Jack Crevalle, Piggy Perch, Mullet? Yep.
                              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                              X