Lews Speed Spools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lews Speed Spools

Do any of yall have experience with a Lews speed spool? I am talking about the regular black one. How do you like or dislike them? Are they durable? Friend was gunna sell me his new in box speed spool for $50 and i was wondering if it was worth it. I am looking to replace my Citica 200e because I am not happy with how it has held up to the salt even with routine cleaning. I am open to any other baitcasting reel suggestions in the $100-150 range as well.

Russ

Sorry , no help from me . Never heard of it . Good luck .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I bought 2 of the Lews Pro Speed spools about 8 months ago...I use it as a back up to my Core100, and I've thrown it in the surf a few times. So far i have no issues with it. The thumb bar is looking a little corroded, but for the price I paid if it last a year I'd be happy. The other is still in the box. Caught some decent fish on it...it handled them well!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I was led to believe they are 100% American,but those who I know who have fished with the cheaper ones arent impressed.When in FTU I was shopping them alongside Revo and Shimano,The clerk told me that they are made by Garcia.... I bought a core and havent looked back!
        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I have a Lews Speed Spool SB25SW . It has a great and smooth drag. I use it as my bait reel as I never have a problem with backlash. I have never been able to cast it far enough with lighter lures for it to be a reel that I like for arties. At $50 those would probably be a good buy if they are in good shape.

Comment

I have 2 diawa coastals. I clean them once to twice a year. Easier to tear apart than the shimano DVS 200. I have no problem with them. Mono on one, braid on the other. They are $140 at bass pro. If u go into tackle warehouse, you can down load the prices. I got mine for $126. Bass pro will match the competitors. I started at $116, and ended up with $126. Better than $140. Checked out the reviews, and what sold me was that they dunked it in the water, waited 3 months and cast it again. Review said it casted like it came out of the Box. I run mine under running water, then put 3-in-1 oil on the worm. I've had mine for 4 yrs and the other one 3yrs. Still casts good and catch fish. Hope this helps. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Have two Lews Speed Spools, the saltwater reels and used to cuss them up and down. Switched back to 12lb mono and they cast like they should. Talked to a guy that fishes the BASS tourneys and got some tips.

Comment

Love them..... Been using one for over a year now and still going strong. Fixing to buy another.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                X