forced to fish, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forced to fish, now what?

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum but I've been following it for a while and first want to say this is the best online fishing community I've ever come across ! Really impressed with you guys overall.
    Now I'm an armature bass tournament angler the majority of the time but I do love to hit the salt when possible so I booked a bay house from the 26th to the 29th and as usual, the weather has taken a turn for my trip.
    Im of the mindset that they can always be found and caught if you work hard enough though and I'm willing to give it my all.
    I have a kayak at my disposal as well and I'll be on the main canal going into west bay south of carancua (that can't be right) reef. I'm wondering if I hug the south shoreline around d drains and dropoffs if I might find some action or what the best plan of attack is in this high sw wind crap?
    Flounder, specks and reds are all fine by me so any advice would be much appreciated !

-Brandon

Yes.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

We had higher tides than normal so fish close to the grass and drainages.

Good Luck.

Comment

You could take a drive and try protected shorelines like north of the texas city dike . At the base of the dike is mosquito island -shell reef that has very Deep South side . Popular walk in wade area . Kayak is even better . See my report under wade fishing forum , 7-12,13-2013 sea isle and there are a couple of pictures of the place . Good luck !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I gather you are staying at Jamaica Beach. yes, fish the shorelines in your yak and you should do well.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyBass View Post
            I'm wondering if I hug the south shoreline around d drains and dropoffs if I might find some action
            -Brandon
            Sounds like a plan Brandon!!

Post a report of all the fish you catch.

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the input everybody! I feel better about the trip already and yes I'll be in Jamaica beach.
              I'll be sure to post a report asap.

Comment

Last resort... I always catch atleast 1 or 2 flatties on soft plastic at the mouth of the canal

Sent from FBI Surveillance Van 3

Comment

Damn! FBI surveillance van 3! I need for just to post on a fishing forum haha.
                  Thanks for the tip on the canal and Texas c dike too. Wondered about the main canal mouth during high and the outgoing tide.

Comment

the surf might get good sat. or sun. south shoreline is a good choice for the yak. good luck
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welp so far this evening I took the yak out to themouth of the main canal out of Jamaica beach and snagged a few croaker on root beer/ chartruese gulp swimming mullet AND THEN hooked into something that drug me around the bay for about 15 minutes before it got sick of me and surged hard enough to come unbuttoned... guess I'll fish under the lights tonight. Water is green with maybe a foot of visibility plus plenty of bait in the water. Update tomorrow.

Comment

That was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                        X