Taking kids and wife camp in Jamaica beach RV park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking kids and wife camp in Jamaica beach RV park

The wife and I and the kids will be at Jamaica beach RV park stayed at the old koa camp last weekend went gigging got five but man there was a lot of grass I told my 8 year old and my ten yr old that I would take them Gigan not looking for any honey hole secret spots GPS coordinates but is there any place I can take two young kids with a chance of seeing a flatty thanks a lot kenneth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Ya Just Won't know, If Ya Don't Go

I see giggers on the bay side of the SLP toll booth . But it has to be a light wind and I don't think you're going to have it . Root canal is a big time gigger . Ill text him to see if he can help . Good luck !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
      I see giggers on the bay side of the SLP toll booth . But it has to be a light wind and I don't think you're going to have it . Root canal is a big time gigger . Ill text him to see if he can help . Good luck !
      If he has young kids i wouldnt take them to San Luis Pass IMO. I would suggest floundering in Sea Isle, we see people across from our house there all the time.

Russ

Comment

Sea ilse would be better . But bay side SLP is a well known gigging spot . Wide flat before you get near the first gut . No dangerous tidal movement in knee deep or less water . It drops off gradually . This is not in the pass .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That's a bit of a tough one ,,,,With kid & the wind we are having. The areas metioned above...Behind the Pass and Sea Isle.

You can try Offatts behind the Golf Coarse,, but it is small if the tide is up. Lots of Holes though.Some times they are in there thick.

The only other area I can think of that is large and lots of sand, would be the pocket East of the North Jetty.
          On the beach front .....huge area that would be blocked from this West wind.

Without a boat it is slim pickings. The south shoreline just keeps getting tougher. Every time you find a good spot they build
          a subdivision and block you out.

You may end up back at the old Koa area....Heck at least you know of one spot.

Comment

WTG ROOT CANAL . You're a Good man , Dale .

Comment

end of sportsman rd. low incoming tide? i always catch flounder there.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Re: Taking kids and wife camp in Jamaica beach RV park

Thanks all that's a big help yeah I figured with this Westwind southwest wind it will be slim pickin's just wanted to introduce them to it I hit Bolivar pocket at times will post the outcome from the weekend again thanks all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                Ya Just Won't know, If Ya Don't Go

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X