Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King?

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
    Jack for sure! Happens to me more often than I like. Nothing like getting spooled when you're a half mile from the truck in waist deep water.
    Although I'm not discounting the high probability that the fish was a Jack, the fight sounds a whole lot like those I've had numerous times with kings.

Trouble is, though, kings tend to like clearer water than we've seen along the beachfront lately. I've caught them regularly in quite murkey GREEN water on returning from an offshore trip and at the jetties. But I think the water clarity of late would make me vote Jack too.

LF

Comment

No picture, no ID, it's what we call a UFO. Jetty tuna (Jack Crevalle) are likely suspects but it could be any large fish. I've even had a dolphin mess with me, caught a trout and he pulled it out hundreds of yards. Some sea turtles are carnivorous and really big, too. Haven't heard about any large jewfish (Goliath grouper) around these parts but there used to be some monsters. Yep, it's a UFO.

Comment

You have caught a king in west bay? If so, I want to hear about this one. I did not think they would make their way into the bay. But again, I have only been fishing here for 5 years.
        Originally posted by Longfisher View Post
        Although I'm not discounting the high probability that the fish was a Jack, the fight sounds a whole lot like those I've had numerous times with kings.

Trouble is, though, kings tend to like clearer water than we've seen along the beachfront lately. I've caught them regularly in quite murkey GREEN water on returning from an offshore trip and at the jetties. But I think the water clarity of late would make me vote Jack too.

LF
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

A king in west bay would blow me away too .
          I didn't know a dolphin would run off with a hooked trout either but why the hell not? They're smarter than most of the people I run into seems like.
          Maybe it was a UFO though! Gonna have to go get checked for radiation poisoning now.

Comment

Working...
          X