Calcaseiu trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcaseiu trip

Got with Chris ( Reel time) and fished the upper end of the lake for a few days. Excuse list includes west winds to 15, weak tides, limited area, and a few more I can't think of, we did manage a few and a great time! It was a good value and a nice spot to stay. Chris threw his tops and hard baits and I threw the hogie shrimp tails and diablo eels. We both picked one up here and there but nothing too eventful. I did manage a decent 3lber drifting 6 foot of water, between the gas wells, mid morning. It wcouldas my first trip and must say a very nice fishery. We had my little whaler and a six gallon fuel tank so we were limited to how much water we could cover but found some good spots after this weather gets cooler. I don't think i've ever seen so many chartreuse, pink, and orange egg shaped fishing corks on rods in all my life. Call me when you're ready my good republican friend!

Calcaseiu trip

I'd like to get in on a trip too, Harvey! Never been on the big lake.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
      I'd like to get in on a trip too, Harvey! Never been on the big lake.
      just say when my friend! I think it's hotter weather over there than it is on the island right about now.

Comment

Re: Calcaseiu trip

Had a great time Harvey...so good I almost brought the room key back home... shoulda coulda woulda on the Navionics app to I get home and the sucker works...

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Good report there, Harvey! we went there in November and fished the birds with a guide. Hardly a boat around and beaucou schools of birds! Went out of Spicers in Hackberry. They were hitting whiskers and eyeballs, hardly any arties at all! That's all I know, but just like around here, tops shallow until daylight, then deep(er) and soft plastics...especially with all this hot weather.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
            Good report there, Harvey! we went there in November and fished the birds with a guide. Hardly a boat around and beaucou schools of birds! Went out of Spicers in Hackberry. They were hitting whiskers and eyeballs, hardly any arties at all! That's all I know, but just like around here, tops shallow until daylight, then deep(er) and soft plastics...especially with all this hot weather.
            splicers is where we stayed, Mr. Buddy. Class place but even the guides were complaining. I couldn't make it past about 10 o'clock in that heat.

Comment

All this west wind makes it hotter and tends to slow the bite . Lol , those louisianna folk belive in live bait and chunking from the boat . Use to be if you were wade fishing the kind people would motor on top of you to check if you were alright and not in trouble . No sensible person would muck around in the water with a levelwind when a perfectly good boat was available to fish from . You are like " jaws " , you need a bigger boat , or really several gas cans . Sounds like a good time though .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Henry the Cajun say the Texans are the one that will get out of a perfectly dry boat to walk on water when they know you can just motor around. the Texans are usually ones in the water

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk

Comment

I take it you didnt find the ones i was telling you about?
                  Capt. Thomas Barlow
                  281-827-6815
                  www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Texxan1 View Post
                    I take it you didnt find the ones i was telling you about?
                    No the only birds working we're some pelicans on Sunday morning. we caught fish were you said they would be. there's tons ofbait in that bay. sorry shrimp skipping ever. no morning bite no action. like there was a bait carnival going on for a couple of days. I did get some topwater bites in the morning. the Dennis Rodman Superspook seems to work best for me. the world class hardtop starting to take over at the wells.... I'm never going back

Comment

Henry the Cajun say the Texans are the one that will get out of a perfectly dry boat to walk on water when they know you can just motor around. the Texans are usually ones in the water

YEP , THAT'S WHAT I MEANT .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Calcaseiu trip

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                        just say when my friend! I think it's hotter weather over there than it is on the island right about now.
                        We need to get trip planned.., grew up on that body of water. I am thinking about taking my RV over there and leaving it for a month or so this fall. You and Bruce are welcome to join me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tom,

There are quite a few spots open still at Island Rv right south of Hackberry!!!!!!!!!!

That is where we put our travel trailer last month.. Looking forward to oct , nov and dec on big lake

Last year we smoked the big trout all over the lake
                          Capt. Thomas Barlow
                          281-827-6815
                          www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Tom, that's a very nice offer. I won't speak for Bruce but I'm sure he'd be most gracious. I'm retired too so just let me know!

Comment

Calcaseiu trip

Originally posted by Texxan1 View Post
                              Tom,

There are quite a few spots open still at Island Rv right south of Hackberry!!!!!!!!!!

That is where we put our travel trailer last month.. Looking forward to oct , nov and dec on big lake

Last year we smoked the big trout all over the lake
                              Thanks Capt. Haven't checked that one out.., looked at the one on 27 about 4 miles off of I-10. Do they do monthly rentals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X