No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace: Nokia 6010 :( :( :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, all the crap they tried to push on me at the AT&T store! I've been getting offers for free replacement phones for the last 7 years. I go in there today and they say they don't offer free phones any more. GRRRRRRRR!! I looked at all the phones and fiddled with them. Well, the smart phone thing just isn't going to happen y'all. I got some crappy LG phone for $9.99 that feels like it'll break the first time I drop it. Now get this. It came with a wall charger only. I asked if I could get 2 car chargers and they told me the car chargers were $40 EACH! My Nokia came with both for free.

So I've been fiddling with this thing for the last couple of hours. I can't figure out anything. I can't get a signal anywhere in the house. I have to go on the front porch to talk. If this thing doesn't work at the camp, I'll have to go another route. Hopefully I can figure how to store numbers on the new SIM card by tomorrow. If'n you want me to have your number. Call Tuesday. I miss my PRECIOUS!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Re: Rest in Peace: Nokia 6010

Mike your on a roll.sandy you know what you ought to do.....

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        Man, all the crap they tried to push on me at the AT&T store! I've been getting offers for free replacement phones for the last 7 years. I go in there today and they say they don't offer free phones any more. GRRRRRRRR!! I looked at all the phones and fiddled with them. Well, the smart phone thing just isn't going to happen y'all. I got some crappy LG phone for $9.99 that feels like it'll break the first time I drop it. Now get this. It came with a wall charger only. I asked if I could get 2 car chargers and they told me the car chargers were $40 EACH! My Nokia came with both for free.

So I've been fiddling with this thing for the last couple of hours. I can't figure out anything. I can't get a signal anywhere in the house. I have to go on the front porch to talk. If this thing doesn't work at the camp, I'll have to go another route. Hopefully I can figure how to store numbers on the new SIM card by tomorrow. If'n you want me to have your number. Call Tuesday. I miss my PRECIOUS!
        get the chargers from the al quieda corner mart dont buy any accesories from them blood suckers!! 281 226 3131 Duane
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Im sure someone on here has an old atnt dinasour someone dig him one up
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Re: Rest in Peace: Nokia 6010

Will sanyo Lantana lx work on att

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Sandy, I've got an old Motorola T720 you can have.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Guys, I do thank y'all for the offers. Oleander Kayaker is fixin' me up and Ibtsoom even has a backup plan. I just can't believe Kenny hasn't posted a rant about how I'm advertizing my stooopidity being unable to figure out technology. I'll add this to my list of failures: 1: Long division, 2: Algebra, 3: French grammar, 4: Understanding the female mind, 5: Self hook removal, 6: Smart phones.
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                  Guys, I do thank y'all for the offers. Oleander Kayaker is fixin' me up and Ibtsoom even has a backup plan. I just can't believe Kenny hasn't posted a rant about how I'm advertizing my stooopidity being unable to figure out technology. I'll add this to my list of failures: 1: Long division, 2: Algebra, 3: French grammar, 4: Understanding the female mind, 5: Self hook removal, 6: Smart phones.
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

After way too long i finally got a smart phone 2 weeks ago. Pretty sweet as i can BS on the internet at work now

You know what a ludite is Sandy?

Comment

Dude, first of all it's good to see you here. Secondly, of course I know what a Luddite is. I'm a history teacher, and I are one.

I'm definitely not an early adopter. I haven't been since VHS beat Beta. Beta was better. I've always preferred old things. Old cars, old boats, etc. I used a candle stick phone until college, and a rotary phone until 2003 when I got that Nokia. It was a big leap for me, but the Nokia was simple enough that I read the instructions and figured it out. Luckily that phone was super sturdy and dependable. I love stuff like that. Technology just moves too fast for me, and it keeps going faster, often at the expense of ergonomics, dependability, and quality, so I've given up trying to keep up with it. People are so busy moving so darn fast, they just don't have the time to appreciate the excellence of where they are right now. I don't need new stuff ever. I just need the stuff I have to work. The only thing I won't buy old and used, is boxer shorts.

Comment

We go shopping at Value Village (second hand chain store) about once a week.

Magellan fishing pants with the zip off shorts ($2.50). I call them dead man pants, cause much of the clothing comes from estate clean-outs. Last week I found a food vacuum sealer for $6 (works great! $50 new at Walmart). I'm keeping an eye out for a food dehydrator.

This and Coach's behavior is thrifty, not Ludditism.

Luddites try to prevent others from benefitting from technological and social advances, for their self preserving reasons. Sort of like labor unions and kinda sorta Obamacare.

I don't think Coachlaw could care one RCH that ya'll will line up for Google glasses, Windows 9, or Xbox One.

He's living life outside the harness of technological dependency. Of course, if a low maintenance, laser zapping privy is invented, that he can use at the camp, he'll be all over it (um, literally).
                        Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; August 13, 2013, 08:58 AM.
                        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

OH , LUDDITE . I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THAT WAS . I THOUGHT SANDY BEING A LUDDITE MEANT THAT HE WAS A MEMBER OF AN OBSCURE 17 th CENTURY RELIGOUS GROUP THAT SPLINTERED OFF THE LABADISTS . HA , SILLY ME .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Mark, You're giving me too much credit. When I say that nobody can have or use machinery to make textiles, I MEAN IT!

Comment

Technophobe or Luddite? Luddite wins:

Click image for larger version

Name:	johnkay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	559996
                              At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X