Blockade Runners Weekend of 10-3&4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Weekend of 10-3&4

Yeah, I know I never told the roof story. I had kind of a long week there, then I was in New Orleans. Only now am I able to really think about it, and here it is time to do it all over again.

This weekend we will have 3 of the 4 partners together at once. A feat never before accomplished. Coach Tres will be arriving Saturday with a buddy that wants to scout the area for a fishing show. We'll hit the water at around 10am. TMO and his buddy Greg will arrive soon after. If anyone wants to join in, we won't have any bed space, but we do have sleeping bags.

On the work docket this weekend:

Scarf in a new door for the room soon to be called, "The Cave".

Cut up and remove all old tin.

Complete the framing for the cave, including a window and an A/C hole.

Install the uber-drip edge that Greg had fabricated for us.

Perhaps put the Hardie board up around the walls.

Chew on the Ghost Camp in prep for the work crew arriving next weekend to hopefully knock out the whole dad-gum thing.

Should be there from 10am Saturday to around 5pm Sunday. Come on by and lend a hand if you have time. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Sandy, I was meaning to ask you this. We have a lot of tile left over from our house in Magnolia and I was wondering if you could use it? I believe most of it is a black slate we used for the back splash, but it could be used for a counter top or something else. I know you are not making the camp a model home, it was just an offer. I could bring it down to you this weekend.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I have to work but I'll call Bruce to see if his son Ronnie, the Hardie Plank guru, can get out to hang that stuff this weekend.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I hope you have better luck than me Bert. I've been calling Ronnie and leaving messages for 2 weeks with no response.

Mike, I sure do appreciate the offer, but tile is not something that we are going to use. Perhaps someone else can use it. Thank you for the offer though.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I called Bruce and told him to call you. I hope it's not just all idle talk.
          Bruce understands the perks of helping out so in the long run he should understand the benifits one weekend can do.
          Let me know if he calls or not.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

wish i could make it out but ill be in austin for austin city limits and bassnectar.. should be an awsome weekend to be out though..
            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Austin City Limits is a darn good excuse bro. We'll catch you when we can. What's with the Eagles avatar though. You can't be a Texas boy and be a fan of a Yankee team.

Comment

only texas nfl team i care about is/was the oilers.. now i have to go for my 2nd and 3rd choices (eagles and 49ners), although i must say im starting to like watching the saints offense air it out..
                Boats and hoes.

Comment

Welcome to the fold. Saints are headed for the Superbowl. Jump on this bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                    wish i could make it out but ill be in austin for austin city limits and bassnectar.. should be an awsome weekend to be out though..
                    you like airin it out watch schaub only problem is the other team does the same rite back at us! our DEFENSE sux!!
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

don't make me lock this thread. take the sports talk to the sports forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        don't make me lock this thread. take the sports talk to the sports forum.
                        youre rite Boston!!!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                          youre rite Boston!!!

don't call me names bro. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                            don't call me names bro. wtf?
                            What are your boys going to do now that they have to start playing real teams again?

Comment

Sandy, your welcome. I was sure you did not want to use it, but I thought I would ask. The darn tiles have been in the house for 3 years now and I am sure someone can use them. I actually brought them to the island just in case you wanted them, but I can bring them back to Magnolia!

Jeremy, do not talk crap about sports..... Tampa is not looking good at ALL!
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X