No announcement yet.

Blockade Runners Weekend of 10-3&4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a few shingles that flew off, but when I went down to get them they didn't have any nail holes in them, so I assume they are extras that were just laying up there. It was gusting well over 40 mph for a while there.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

they definitely were extras, those guys were putting 6 nails per shingle, they should be good for some wind

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        There were a few shingles that flew off, but when I went down to get them they didn't have any nail holes in them, so I assume they are extras that were just laying up there. It was gusting well over 40 mph for a while there.
        Yeah the wind was not pretty that morning.. something is wrong with the merc, and we need to figure it out, it wasn't running right leaving..
        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I was in the kitchen cooking crabs when the storm was at its height and I saw a few fly down and I got worried. Like I said, upon inspection they must have been just sitting up there. Sure was nice not to be running around putting buckets and pans everywhere.

Looks like this coming weekend is going to be a 100% run at the Ghost Camp. I'd like to get more done on BRs, but we've got cold weather coming and I don't want to be worried about the Ghost Camp, trying to beat the clock in February when we're freezin' our butts off.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
            I was in the kitchen cooking crabs when the storm was at its height and I saw a few fly down and I got worried. Like I said, upon inspection they must have been just sitting up there. Sure was nice not to be running around putting buckets and pans everywhere.

Looks like this coming weekend is going to be a 100% run at the Ghost Camp. I'd like to get more done on BRs, but we've got cold weather coming and I don't want to be worried about the Ghost Camp, trying to beat the clock in February when we're freezin' our butts off.
            Swampychick called and wants to fish Saturday so I'm still not sure what I'll be doing. I'll know more on Thursday. It's time the roof came off.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Looks like we'll get work done on both places this weekend. Funk Shoal Brutha will have a work crew of 2 out there Saturday morning. He may or may not be there himself, but he's paying for the labor. What a guy. I'll set them to work on the Ghost Camp and haul what I can. TMO, Greg, and Fishbobr will be finishing the wall, installing the door, etc. at BRs. Any more people show up, (This means you 007) y'all can come help at the Ghost Camp.

Hey Yan, I've got a job for a freediver. I've gotten some great stuff done with the state, but they are adamant that the old dock pilings at the Ghost Camp (PVC) must also be removed. There is no way in heck we can pull them up. I asked about jetting them out with a trash pump and they told me to cut them off at the base so that they are not a hazard. This has to be done PDQ before the water gets cold. I think what it will take is a guy to go down with a mask and a hack saw and have at it. There are 9 of them and they may have concrete inside .

Guys, I'm dying over here though. Anyone ever had a migraine headache? I had one once before and it's coming on big time.

Comment

Working...
              X