Stingrays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingrays

Waded the north shoreline yesterday and I know I saw well over 50 Rays yesterday up tight to the shoreline. Be careful and wear your protection!

Capt. Mike Lowe of Saltwater Assault Guide Service did a short wade last Friday in Port Mansfeild. Wasn't more than 20 yards from the boat standing next to his customer when he got popped. His Stingray boots were in the boat just decided not to wear them. Luckily it wasn't a bad hit. He went to the ER where the wound was cleaned and drugs were given. The hit was on his ankle and the barb was not left behind in the ankle.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Thank you, great reminder

He was just standing and got zapped, customer moving?

Comment

Both were walking back to the boat

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Hope Mike is OK. The north shoreline was carpeted with them in May at times. I've seen them bury themselves in the grass and they wont move unless your inches away.

Comment

we saw a few in east matagorda this past weekend

Comment

saw quite a few gigging the south shoreline last weekend. saw one about 2-3' across in between the geo tubes we fish around quite a bit.

Comment

Donna and I went to the north shoreline last weekend and you are right Greg, they were everywhere. No matter what, where you ray guard boat and shield! Remember McBride!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

who in the hell is greg?

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                  who in the hell is greg?
                  JT is Again!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

The ray guard shields are $30.00 at Academy. Well worth the investment if you wade fish.

Comment

Working...
                    X