1970s Glass Door Bottle Dr. Pepper Machine-need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970s Glass Door Bottle Dr. Pepper Machine-need help

I have a 1970s glass door Dr. Pepper Vending machine that holds about 3 cases of 12 oz longnecks. The thing worked last for me about 15 years ago-I unplugged it and aint plugged it in since, but it was working when I let it "rest". The exterior has much surface rust (been sitting on my porch in Houston) and likely a varmint nest in the back of it.

Does anyone know where I can get it somewhat restored? By that I mean the compressor checked out and the exterior enameled/painted. Likely needs a pretty good sanding down in the rusty areas. I think beers were $0.25 or $0.15 for the coin dealie-it was/is a pretty cool machine-held 10 varieties of sodas originally that you could see behind the glass door and it won't hold Budweiser bottles (or dint back then) because their bottles were fatter than most other beer bottles (which I don't like Bud anyway!).

Thanks!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

In Houston, Try A-1 appliance & repair (713) 868-7402 at 11th and Shepherd. They aren't the most reputable place, but they've seen it all, on old used stuff.
    For the rest of the body, try 6th and Yale auto body shop (713) 869-8288, Roy does custom stuff and would have fun with this.

I'd get the thing running first, before spending money on the cosmetics.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Thanks. Agree-need to make sure it works before making it acceptable to the eyes.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

may want to check with Alvin Community College or Mainland College. Be an excellent project for A/C/Refrigeration and Car Body students.
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
        X