The "Bayous" in Greens Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Bayous" in Greens Lake

Anyone heard about this place? Can't locate it on the map and is it accessible by boat?

Greens is a big labyrinth of marsh and bayous and drains in the back. Takes some getting used to and a shallow running rig before you can run wherever you want back there. I've been stuck back there by an outgoing a couple times.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

There are two major bayou drains if remember correctly , two at least , that empty into greens . You can outboard a ways up these . I've used my trolling motor though to be quieter . Look on google earth . There is one in the nw corner and one in the ne corner . They eventually get too shallow . Of course the depth of water farther up the bayous depends on tides and winds . They open up to a very shallow web of marsh cuts . A good place for a kayak if you port it by boat .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What kinda of boat do you run?

those fish in those drains can be very spooky, so use a trolling motor and you will have alot more success

there are actually two main bayous, but lots of little ones...

Fish the mouths on an outgoing tide, cast up in to all the little bayous and HOLD ON lol

Sept marks the start of the phenom we call Fall Greens Lake Fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Capt. Thomas Barlow
        281-827-6815
        www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Look out for that guy with the Pirate flag. LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
            Look out for that guy with the Pirate flag. LMFAO!
            Ya, for sure
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

look out for the guy with the jetski also....

Comment

I would simply stay out of there...the fish hate it, the rays have herpes, and you will be shot by duck hunters in the fall...NFIGB
                sigpic

Comment

Was back there yesterday, only caught some rats. Be careful we almost got lost! It took twice as long to get out

Russ

Comment

I caught two rat reds one 25" keeper and a decent flounder that spit the hook at my head. Second time a flounder has done that to me back there in a month.

Comment

Working...
                    X