468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a classifieds section on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a classifieds section on this forum?

I want to sell my center console bay boat and am looking for the best place to list it. I've searched and saw a mention of a classified section on this forum, but I cannot find it. Any suggestions?

Also, is this a bad time of year to sell a boat?
    Terry

Our Classified section is called "the garage" - post it up in there.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

"is it a bad time"...if the boat is in good shape and the price is right ( do a lot of research on similar boats)..they can sell quickly. I sold a 16 ft Caro Skiff in three days and had a half dozen people who were standing in line in case the first sale fell through.

One word of caution though...which caught me off-guards.. I also posted on Craig's list. EIGHT of the earliest responses from CL were automatically sent to my SPAM folder by Yahoo. When I wondered why I had so few responses..I looked in the#$%#$^ SPAM filter and found all sorts of people who wanted to come and look at the boat. I had not replied to any of them, since I didn't see the SPAM error until almost 48 hours after they sent their message to me.

One of those eight actually bought the boat. They drove out at 7:30 at night all of the way from Sugarland to look at it and offer me $$$. Rich

Comment

Thanks. I've posted it in "The Garage" section. Craigslist is on my list to post next. Truth is, I am not even sure what it's worth and was hoping some people here could help me with that.
        Terry

Comment

Well, one thing that helped me to set a price was to go onto Craig's list and search for the same brand of boat. I went back for a month or two. I looked at every boat within 5 feet size-wise. I made up a spread.-sheet and listed length-model-year-hp-motor brand-trailer-price.

By sorting and elimating too small or too large..and even the very new boats..I was able to come up with a fair offering price. Rich

Comment

Working...
          X