468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abu Garcia Revo Inshore or Quantum Smoke Inshore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu Garcia Revo Inshore or Quantum Smoke Inshore?

In the next couple weeks im going to be getting a new baitcaster and i have had just about every shimano reel on the market. So i wanted to try something different. Im really interrested in the Abu Revo Inshore baitcaster and the Quantum Smoke inshore baitcaster and have heard really good things about both of them, but dont know which one the pick? So if any of yall have any recomendations or comments on either of the reels, it will be much appericated!
    Thanks, Drue.
    Stay Bowed Up!

Get one of each and be happy . I'm no help . I have four of the old revo's that are really fine . They have the magnetic brakes only . The new ones have magnetic and centrifugal brakes . I like the older ones . I think they are better .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The Revo has one less bearing and weighs 2 1/2 ounces more than the Quantum. The Revo is supposed to have a 20# drag and the Quantum only 16#. Drag out of the box and drag one year after a lot of use can be two different things. I'm not sure either are as hardy as advertised or as upgraded as their price indicates.

If you are spending premium reel money, I would recommend the Shimano Core. I looked hard at the Revo and the Smoke last year and I went back to Shimano and bought the Core. That is a stout, high performance reel. I put my '96 Calcutta 100 into retirement when I bought the Core. I think it is worth the money.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I really like a magnetic brake for ease of fine tuning the spool brake . I can twist the dial for more brake and cast into the wind . Turn around with my back to the wind , adjust the dial for less brake and cast . No fumbling with opening the side plate and pushing and pulling centrifugal breaks . I had Shimano Chronachs years ago and after fishing they were always wet inside when I broke it down . I didn't dunk it . I got a Revo and it was dry as a bone inside . Never bought a Shimano again . That and I discovered the magnetic break .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I bought the Revo last year and have had zero issues with it and I'm pretty rough on gear.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I have had reel good luck with new chronarchs i bought couple months ago.

Comment

Thank yall very much!!
              Stay Bowed Up!

Comment

I picked up a Quantum Smoke earlier this year and have had zero issues with it.

Comment

Before you purchase...check out the Lews Tournament Pro.... very good reel for the price... a lot of people are switching to them.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

i vote garcia jack!
                    "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

X100 on the lews

Comment

Thank yall for the comments! I really need to know the best one of the 2 before i drop a couple hundred dollars!
                        Stay Bowed Up!

Comment

Wrist Rocket Reel that Moonpie posted for me. I can zap a skeeter at 50 yards with it.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I've never used the Lews but I've heard nothing but good things about em. My opinion is whether you pick Revo or Lews you'll be happy either way.
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Have you looked at the Orra inshore? I have 2 and zero probs so far

Comment

Working...
                              X