Had to put the old girl down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to put the old girl down...

Sadly and finally had to put Claire, my jack russell, down today. Best dog I ever owned. She was around 14 years old so let's face it, she lived a long life. Last few days have been real tough on her...weighed 20 pounds normally and this morning was 13.5. Liver and pancreas failing...

She was a go everywhere dog. Loved the boat, hanging underneath my desk at work, going for car rides, and running. When she was younger she and I ran 5 miles a day and she absolutely could have gone 5 more every day...she wore me out! When i was getting running shoes down she would actually stretch! Cracked Lara and I up.

She also loved to fish. If you saw me chances are she was somewhere on the boat. Had her shady spot under the console. When I would hook up I would simply say "got one on Claire". She would walk forward to watch it in the water and finally land in the box. She would get pissed and bark if I threw 'em back. One of the pictures below is her staring down a flatty I released. After letting it go the fish sat right below the boat. Jacks are notoriously strong willed and she stayed staring at the fish for a good ten minutes before it finally swam off. She would give it soft under the breath woof every couple minutes...Fun times.

Really gonna miss my girl. She was a great friend, running buddy, fishing partner, and I simply loved that dog more than any other. Just really kind of grateful that I got to have one of those great dogs I know I'll be telling stories about to my grandkids...very special dog...
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I am very,very sorry for your loss. This had to be a sad day.

Comment

Beautiful tribute to your friend. God bless you both.
      "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Really sorry Brad. Really sucks that we outlive our little buddies. You're in my thoughts bro.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Ah , man , it's tough to loose a special buddy like that . Sorry .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
            I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

So sorry for you Brad. Not many things tougher than losing a lived one like that. My heart and prayers go out to you.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

That's tough to lose a good dog and friend! Prayers with you and family.
                "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Man, That's terribly sad. I'm so sorry.I don'y know what I'll do when our Dolly goes!
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.
                    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Sometimes it is really, really hard doing the right thing. I feel your pain, man.
                      Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                      and
                      Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Sry to hear that...
                        Karma's a beach.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so sorry man its part of the family but more than that it takes part of you with them very very hard thing to do.
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sorry bud, i know the pain, lost my lab lost summer, that had been with me for 10 years
                              Stay Bowed Up!

Comment

Working...
                              X