Interesting Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Video

Fluke instead of flounder but I wonder if flounder act in a similar fashion.

Flounder (fluke) Fishing with bucktails and Berkley Gulp. Underwater view in Long Island Sound. This supplements chapter 11 in my book, Fishing the Bucktail ...

Interesting Video

Very interesting. I'd guess flounder would be about the same.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
      I'd guess flounder would be about the same.
      X2 ... I'd think pretty close. Interesting how far some of them followed it.
      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Really cool video.

Comment

When you look at the short hits and the high number of fish missed, sure makes one want to put a trailer hook on. Trailer hooks work in FW bass fishing, why not here? rich

Comment

Their bait was moving pretty fast . I think we all know to hop/drag a lure fairly slow along the bottom for flounder . Some pre rigged flounder baits have a trailer hook . But , I think it's prone to snagging. It may not be that needed if you hop your bait slow enough for them to take it entirely .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

It says they were going 1-1.4 mph, but it sure looks a lot faster than that.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cool video

Comment

"It says they were going 1-1.4 mph, but it sure looks a lot faster than that."

Yea, it appeared that they sped up the film. It looked like they were blasting at full speed on the video.

Guess I really can't judge what 1 to 1.4 mph would look like, though. rich

Comment

Ah , Rich , that makes sense as to not have too long a video . I'd like to see it in real time . Neat footage .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

For a fleeting moment, I thought about estimating the size of the fish ( say 20 inches) and guesstimating the number of 20 inch fish in a frame, (to give me the distance travelled) and then...... how long it took to go from one end of the frame in seconds, and calculating the adjusted apparent speed...and THEN said....I guess I don't really care...Ha Ha Rich

Comment

I have seen flounder stack up right next to the anglers feet due to people luring them into a group of casters. thats why i dont mind fishing amongst a crowd its kinda like dove huntin to keep em moving and stack em up I always jig around my feet and close to me before moving cause they tend to follow it in and stack up near ya
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I saw this some time back. By experience, I've have them hit and miss because I was going kind of fast. Slow it down. As far as a trailer, I use a size 2 triple hook. Caught fish when they are short biting. Especially during the winter. Very slow. Lord Bless.
                          robert
                          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Here is the surface video from the same guy. A 21"throw back limit for New York.

Fluke (summer flounder) bucktailing tips while fishing with light tackle on Long Island Sound. This supplements my book, Fishing the Bucktail http://tinyurl....

Comment

Originally posted by richg99 View Post
                              For a fleeting moment, I thought about estimating the size of the fish ( say 20 inches) and guesstimating the number of 20 inch fish in a frame, (to give me the distance travelled) and then...... how long it took to go from one end of the frame in seconds, and calculating the adjusted apparent speed...and THEN said....I guess I don't really care...Ha Ha Rich
                              Good call

Comment

Working...
                              X