Houston Chronicle Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Termo View Post
    Saw a game warden the other day at the gas station....he said next year the flounder limit for Nov and Dec was to be 0 fish......let the beatchin' begin. I'm all for it since I don't eat fish but even I think this is ridiculous! Seen a definite decline in my catches of reds in the past few years, but I think it's because of the increase in the number of people fishing, poor enforcement and greed from those that don't give a whit about limits (not including members of this site and true lovers of the sport in the "greed" part of that statement).

Comment

Oh I think I figured it out. At last month's TPWD commission meeting in Austin, staff was directed to look into whether any new fishing limits were needed for trout and founder. If staff finds some need for new limits, it would make that decision in early 2015, starting with "scoping meetings." Right now it is not clear that staff would recommend ANY changes to the existing rules.

Just because a commissioner farts doesn't mean that anything is really happening. Must have been a slow business day and a few journalists needed to justify travel expenses to Austin.

Comment

Working...
      X