29th - 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29th - 31st

Looks like some rain again. but I'm hoping for clear skies and calm water. Any suggestions, where to go, lures etc... I'm pretty much stuck with a kayak or my waders. Any of you think the Flounder will be good this weekend? Let me know what you think about this weekend, and if you have any suggestions for accessible spots for waders.

Thanks,

Adam

We are coming down, so the weather better clear up. All this rain dumping into the bay might make things a little tough, but I would focus on the south shoreline coves (sportsman park, etc.) or San Luis Pass area. Two weekends ago we did well on flounder, but last weekend we did not catch one. We are not chasing flounder, so I can not give you the perfect report, but usually we get a few throwing plastics and it just did not happen for us.

Good luck and send us a report.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I hear you on that. My intentions are not just Flounder although, I would love to catch a few. I'm on a mission really as i lost a big flounder a few weeks ago, and I want it bad (my pride is still hurt, my buddy saw it go down it was not pretty) I'm sure I am like most I want to get into the trout and reds. I haven't waded around the pass in a while, I might give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions. Oh and if you see a guy in a white or blue hat turned backwards wading around, well that would be me.

Comment

biker rally is this weekend so be ready for traffic and alot of cops.. ill be down there somewhere partying my face off as usual..
        Boats and hoes.

Comment

Sportsman road should be a good place to go as long as the wind isn't howling out of the north. Also, I remember Aqua Pimp telling me that Upper West Bay isn't affected too much by freshwater.

Comment

Seawolf park for flounder is the only place I would go rite now.
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

I'm not sure if we are going now. The wife saw the weather report and isn't sure if she wants to deal with the rain and wind. Construction starts on the house in a couple weeks. Looks like the rest of this year might be shot

Comment

Seawolf park for flounder is the only place I would go rite now
                Rich man

Comment

I have actually never been to Sea Wolf park. I was down with a friend a while ago and he was trying to get me to go. A crowded pier I have to pay to use just doesn't sound like much fun to me. Well at least that is the way he described it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    Rich man
                    I got some drive in spots on pelican but the safest bet is seawolf but higher than a cats back!
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

try cold pass leading into SLP... there is a mud flat next to the end of the neighborhood and a place to park your car where you can keep your eyes on it.. i saw alot of waders out there fishing the drop off...

Comment

Working...
                      X