Report from Tuesday 12/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report from Tuesday 12/3

Was supposed to go hit the flounder hole again, but Chip backed out on me so I decided I was going to get some trout in West. Then the other person that was supposed to go got called in to work and I don't like wading South Shoreline coves by myself so I decided to take out the jetski. It worked ok. I nailed 4 trout and a solid red. Had the 3 trout and the red on the stringer and the fish were biting pretty well when I commited a big error...I left biting fish. I happend to look up and see a giant flock of pelicans and gulls hitting out in the middle of the bay. Took off hauling butt but forgot to secure the stringer all the way. It went flying off and ripped one of the trout off in the process. First cast in the birds I still had the maniac mullet on and didn't get a bump. I switched to a plastic with a 1/4 oz jig head to get it lower and made another drift....not a bump again....made a third drift with a different color and yet again not a bite. The pelicans were coming up with fish but I couldn't buy a bite. Went back to my spot and the bite had died off buy did manage one more trout.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job....stinks about the fish coming off stringer. Bet they were skipping pretty good though.

Comment

Wow! That's a bunch of birds! I bet I'd have done the same thing. Thanks for the post: Maybe we'll both know better next time.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cool

Sent from my Note 2, using Tapatalk

Comment

good pic of the birds...I'm guilty of leaving biting fish too! Grass always looks greener
              sigpic

Comment

Wow...that looks like you would have loaded the box with all that bird action.

Comment

HAR ! Thanks for the report and making me feel better about my mishaps .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Wtg Jerm....wish I could have gotten out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                    X