12-29-13 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-29-13 Report

Went fishing West Bay with Comrade Maier today.....started out from old Fat Boy's ramp at noon and in by 3:30. First stop we had 3 nice flounder (17,18 and 23) in 15 minutes and decided to hunt for trout and come back on the way in for some more.....bad decision. Hunted in front of Confederate, behind N Deer and out into the middle of the bay. Found the color change we were looking for in the open bay, but couldn't find any bait or trout. At 3:00, I took Comrade Lenin to one of my secret little spots, just to let him know where it was mostly, and didn't stay there but a few minutes. There were so many boats out today, that we decided to hang it up and come back on a week day since we are both off during the week and get some more flatties later. Beautiful day with gin-clear water but few fish.....ain't complaining!
    Attached Files
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Way to go guys nice fish....gotta love those weekdays..

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Comrade Maier! Lmao. Termo shamed me today, he showed me a little flounder spot 5 minutes from the ramp and damn if it wasn't true. He had three on five cast in the box before I got my first bump, that I missed. We covered some water but couldn't find anything. Lots of boats on the very clear water. I told Dimitri we were gonna catch 'em on the end of a long cast on the first two twitches but that didn't happen. Oh well, I'm humbled.

Comment

Nice Flounder. No suprise that there were lots of boats out today with the light winds.
        Thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice flatties
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Great job gentlemen!! Better luck than what wife and I had.

Are those blue or red slabs ?
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Good going, guys! better than I did, although I did see 2 yearling fawns one day... (yawn)...and that's all folks...

Comment

Great day to be in the water
                Nice catch guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Comment

Great report and fish. I worked yesterday and today. Probably going Tuesday before the rain on Wednesday. Lord Bless.
                  robert
                  And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

You got some nice flounder . I saw you called me Saturday , Harvy . Yeah , I was kayak fishing when you called . Thanks for the report .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                      Comrade Maier! Lmao. Termo shamed me today, he showed me a little flounder spot 5 minutes from the ramp and damn if it wasn't true. He had three on five cast in the box before I got my first bump, that I missed. We covered some water but couldn't find anything. Lots of boats on the very clear water. I told Dimitri we were gonna catch 'em on the end of a long cast on the first two twitches but that didn't happen. Oh well, I'm humbled.
                      was it my spot I told you about? lol yall should have tried it to, but thanks for not telling about it! lmfao, dimitri's! u will get the itch itch there for sure. lol
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Were you in termo's boat ? Maybe i saw you or you me . I was the only kayaker around north deer island . The lonely fool in a red kayak .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as only fool. I saw at least 30 kayaks out that day. Wished I could have spotted ibtsoom on mecom's, I'd have been potlickin on him.

Comment

Working...
                          X