Epic 22SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic 22SC

Was out at the boat show this weekend. My wife and I are shopping for new boat to replace the old Bay Stealth. Had my mind set on a Frontier or Sea Born. Came accross these new Epic 22 Sport Console. They were at Ron Hoover accross the aisle from LMC on the west end.

After some back and forth between the three players, we put a deposit down on an Epic in stock in Corpus. It will have a Suzuki 200 and 10" jack plate. These boats are finished as well as a Frontier, but priced like the Sea Borns.

Has any one ridden in one or know of an owner; they are built in Vivian at the old Bay Stealth plant. Epic has been building inboard ski tow boats for a while, this fishing boat has been made for only three or so years.

Not I, but it sounds cool.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Should ride just like your old Bay Stealth. I had one if their VP's stop and talk to me about a year ago while I fueled my Bay Stealth 2030. He said they purchased their molds from VIP. He liked my 2030 but said they may not produce a model with that mold but planned on using the 2230 & 2430..., they could have changed but that was the plan back then.

Congrats on the purchase.., will be interested on your comments once you get it in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know anything about them, but it sure sounds cool!
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I would recommend you go ride in one before you bought one. Ron Hoover has several rigged up in Galveston that they could demo on Offatts. Talk to Capt. George Knighten (832-310-9146). He works with Ron Hoover and has demoed that boat a few times.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I have been doing some research on these boats. They are made in the old Bay Stealth plant, but with a new vacuum mold technology. The boat without motor comes in at 1850lb. It is 22'6" in length.

Met the rep out at the Show, they have been around since 2011, but call their first model year 2012. They first used the plant to make their line of wake boats. they then decided to start using some of the old hull molds they got in the purchase using this new process. will have a 25' out soon.

Hoover has moved about 10 of them at the show this year. @ $36,900.00 with jack plate and Suzuki 200, including aluminum tandem trailer. Mine just arrived in Galveston for rigging from thier Corpus dealership.

The fiT and finish is as good as I have seen. Let's see how she holds up.

A virtual rainbow of bold color combos as well as all white.

Comment

Does anyone own an Epic 22sc that can give me some feedback. Im getting ready to buy a 2015 carryover. I know the company had lots of issues when they first emerged but all the owners I've spoken with so far say they got it all figured out. They aren't as cheap as they were but under 50k for a new 22' bay boat is pretty good. Obviously Im getting the carryover for much less than that. Any input would be great. Thanks

Comment

I think s troop has one
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

I do have a 2016 22SC and love it. I have owned it for over a year and have had zero problems. It's powered with a Etec 225 HO. I have owned a lot of boats and this one has been the driest ride of them all. My only issue is the grab bar that Ron Hoover had made which was suppose to be collapsable but you have to take out 8 screws to "remove" it. I'm having a real collapsable one made so it will be easier to get out of the railroad bridge at Bayou Vista.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X