Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Video

These guys are tough as nails. http://vimeo.com/45687927

Very nice video. Reminds me of my dad in his hay days. Frank Buck hat, Garcia reel with a hairy gray chest.
    Fishwhisperer

Comment

That was an awesome video! Thank you!
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Reminded when I was a kid on Chocolate Bay with my dad with garcia reels and heavy rods.

Comment

Cool video...Thanks!!

Comment

I enjoyed that. If you haven't read the book "Plugger", it's worth a read. All about Rudy Grigar and fishing the Texas coast back in the day.

JYC
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Very good. Thanks. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

I will definitely get the book. Where can I get it?

Comment

Amazon.com or Ebay will probably have some. New or used.

Comment

He's the inspiration for my moniker ...PLUGGER . I stole it . Rudy Grigar is a legend . One of the first to use artificial baits . They estimate he cĂ ught an outrageous amount of trout . Of course the waters were teeming with trout , big trout . He was a pioneer to fishing as we know it . Well , if I didn't steal the name , someone else would have . Somewhat presumptuous of me to identify myself with him , but it gives me inspiration.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Love the way he tucks that rod away against his side, pointed straight out slow rolling what looks to be old mirrolures. Good mentor, plugger.

Comment

I saw the hardback recently at FTU I 10 . Probably the BLTWY 8 / 45 FTU has it . Call them .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Keen observation , harvey . You noticed how they fished in slacks , knit shirts , shorts .....street clothes ? No easter egg colored shirts back then , walkinwader ! Man , i wish i could go back in time and fish those days .

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                            Keen observation , harvey . You noticed how they fished in slacks , knit shirts , shorts .....street clothes ? No easter egg colored shirts back then , walkinwader ! Man , i wish i could go back in time and fish those days .
                            Lmao. Brings back the days of watching them growing up on Surfside beach. They made the Dacron zipper front overalls and the penny loafer slip on sneakers vogue. Big hard baits hanging from a baseball caps and if you're really cool, sport one of those Styrofoam safari hats that hold way more lures than you'd ever need. Used to hang 5 as I passed them on a better than average peeler.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                              Hey my wife picks em out.....cool video I remember my dad and uncles wading in the zip suits drinking lone star

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X