Fire Extinguisher Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Extinguisher Maintenance

Mess'in around with the boat yesterday I remembered to check my fire extinguisher.
    Just a reminder : At least once a month ( more often if you get to fish alot ) Check your fire extinguisher. The dry chemical power will pack down over time. If this happens and you need it, it will not work. Take it and lightly tap it on something while holding it upside down and shake it till you feel the powder is loose. Be sure there are no bugs or anything has blocked the nozzle. Ensure the pressure is at recommended pressure or in the green. Always keep it in a spot that you can quickly access it.

Be safe!

Great advice! I've had mud daubers clog the nozzles on mine before.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great reminder for sure!! Gotta check my home xquishers too!
      Good post!!
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Real good idea....need to check my home ones

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thread. Very good advice. Thanks. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Thanx for the reminder. I also checked my auto bilge pump switch the last time I launched when I forgot to put the plug back in after draining the hull. I seem to be checking it more often as I get older.
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Thanks . Who 'd a thunk it .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                Thanx for the reminder. I also checked my auto bilge pump switch the last time I launched when I forgot to put the plug back in after draining the hull. I seem to be checking it more often as I get older.
                Good ideal. We almost sunk it at fatboys a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                X