Hardcore FISHERMEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore FISHERMEN!

Just sent off a couple of loonies going out fishing tonight. When y'all see the band at the weigh in, know this. These guys are NUTS! Tres (Singer/Guitar/Mandolin) and Josh (Fiddle) just left my house on the way down to SLP. I told them to wait until tomorrow. But there they went anyway. I told them they were nuts. I'll do cold. I'll do windy. I'll even do wet. All 3 together? Count me out. If they get stuck somewhere, I'm posting up here for someone else to go help them. LOL!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Cra - cra ! Might have to have radio station music piped in for the weigh in .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Well, they might have more sense than I first thought. They called after I got off line and said the gale was too much to venture against. So they crashed at a friend's place in Galveston. I'm glad they saw that discression was the better part of valor.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Maybe they had a cup of coffee and the caffeine woke their senses up. Good that they changed their mind. This way they can fish many more days. Lord Bless.
        robert
        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

They would not catch a thing. Water is much tol cold.

Comment

Originally posted by 76794p View Post
            They would not catch a thing. Water is much tol cold.
            ......... . There were fish caught yesterday, and if you just open your mind, you'll become a better fisherman.

Comment

The fact that you can catch fish in freezing azz cold weather, and the sanity of it, are two separate discussions!
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

coo-coo for coco puffs!!
                Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

I don't fish that kind of weather any longer. When I fished Bass tournaments it was on no matter what the weather. It got pretty hairy out there sometimes.

Comment

I talked to Tres and Josh at the weigh in . Tres caught a couple of reds in Titlam Talum . Don't know what size .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

By the way , good to see you at the weigh in Sandy . Been a long time ! Sandy is the one who introduced me to the site . A cause for celebration for a few , a reason to exact revenge for many . I got my kayak anchor hung up on the bottom in front of the cabin and he and some guys got in their boat and tried to pull it out . It's still down there today . I gave him a STEAM ANCHOR PORTER and we visited on the porch . Shows you how guys on the site help one another coming to tow in a disabled boat or pull a truck out of mud . I think it remarkable how WEA residents in Galveston get a distress call and drop what they're doing and go help .

Comment

Congratulation to capt Greg and Danny for winning big trout tournament from a proud dad

Comment

Originally posted by 2saltwater View Post
                          Congratulation to capt Greg and Danny for winning big trout tournament from a proud dad
                          Welcome aboard!

Great seeing Tres & Josh at the weigh in. Those guys know how to have fun! I'm gonna have to hook up with them at Blockade runners soon!
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                            ......... . There were fish caught yesterday, and if you just open your mind, you'll become a better fisherman.
                            True. Open your mind to new spots and techniques.

Comment

Working...
                            X