FATBOYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FATBOYS

Anyone have information about the safety of leaving your truck and boat trailer at FATBOYS ? Last I heard the bait camp / store was closed . It at least provided some activity to deter creeps somewhat .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

It just moved up the road a little bit , but me and my father in law launch at the old one all the time for night fishing and gigging and haven't had any issues
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Thank you !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The Tiki cops patrol that about every 20 minutes or so. Bayou Vista also makes a routine lap there about every few hours. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Comment

Sounds closer...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Just make it a habit not to leave anything in your truck that you can't afford to lose! There are always bad guys, no matter if you are fishing the surf, San Luis Pass, wading Dollar Point, or parked at the ramp in Sea Isle.

Comment

Launch there all the time. Haven't had any issues.

Comment

you can launch at the ramp on the other side of the causeway to, I think its a little deeper. always somebody working at the bait shop.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks guys ! I feel ok about FATBOYS now . I've launched there before but not since IKE and the bait camp was shutdown . I've used the Galveston causeway side launch but I don't like parking on the side of the road and it seems more crowded . The L shaped waterway there with the pier opposite the ramp and boats tied up and maneuvering around is kinda squirrally like bumper cars .

Comment

the L shape kind of sux because of the idiots that cant drive a boat. fatboys looked about dried up today at low tide. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 52M-28 View Post
                      Just make it a habit not to leave anything in your truck that you can't afford to lose!
                      Some have gone to leaving the door unlocked and with nothing inside that way you don't lose a window. FatBoys should be better than others though. wish we could get that sort of partrol at all the other locations.
                      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
                        Some have gone to leaving the door unlocked and with nothing inside that way you don't lose a window. FatBoys should be better than others though. wish we could get that sort of partrol at all the other locations.
                        yep, I have a few friends that do this.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                          yep, I have a few friends that do this.
                          Thats what I do at seawolf

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                            the L shape kind of sux because of the idiots that cant drive a boat. fatboys looked about dried up today at low tide. good luck!
                            Uh , I think I are one of those idiots . I haven't boated for that long . I got my boat in 2005 but didn't use it much as it was my first boat and I didn't know the waters. It's hard manuevering a tunnel flat bottom boat .

Comment

I used FATBOYS Saturday . No problems but something can happen anytime . I thank you all for your input !

Comment

Working...
                              X