christmas bay action??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christmas bay action??

Hey I know its kinda late, but I was thinking about waiting Christmas Bay tomorrow, specifically the grass flats on the south shore. Does anyone have any input on whether the fish are out there yet or will I just be wasting my time out there? I kinda figure with it being a shallower bay that it might of warmed up faster and the trout and reds could be out there. Any input is appreciated....also whats the word on topwaters? Are they being productive?

Well , you're probably Rolling up to CHRISTMAS now. . Good luck ! The questions you asked . Tell us the answers later ..
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I've done well in March in Christmas (actually my favorite spot is in Drum Bay just to the SW of Acadia Reef). There can be some nice sized specs along with reds in there in the late winter, early spring. Let us know how it went.

Comment

I slept in by accident and didn't make it out there till about 8:00. waded out from key largo (I think thats what the sign says, the road by the cell tower). Started with a black ttf lil' dummy with no luck. Swapped over to a 10-40 thumping mullet. Got one bite but didnt hook up. eventually swapped over to a plum chartreuse kelly wiggler, but didn't get anything the rest of the morning. Got out of the water around noon. No luck today but it was nice to get out there in the water. Cant wait till I can wet wade again.

Comment

Thanks for the report
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X