Fundraiser: Miracles for Merrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser: Miracles for Merrick

We need the WestEnd brotherhood's help! Any donations for the silent auction are greatly appreciated. Come out to Scooter's in Pearland on March 29th, please see below:

"Merrickā€™s Story"

On Sunday, August 25, 2013, Merrick, his mom and his middle brother Bryson were involved in a horrific vehicle accident as they were returning home from the baseball field. Merrick took the brunt of the impact, was LifeFlighted to Children's Memorial Herman Hospital, where he received a blood transfusion, brain surgery from a traumatic brain injury, as well as facial reconstruction and plastic surgery. He also lost his vision, totally, in his right eye. His recovery is going very well, but it will be a very lengthy process. Without insurance, medical costs have added up for Merrick's mommy, who is a single mom of three, and there's no guarantee where those expenses will stop. He will need at least one more facial surgery. Unfortunately, his family has lost their medical insurance coverage, so things are pretty tough during this time. All donations to help this little guy recover mentally and physically, and to help his mommy recover financially, would be greatly appreciated. Every little bit helps! Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We're hosting a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament. Cost is $50 to play! There will be re-buys during first hour only. Get your spot NOW as space is limited! PM me with questions, or email Miracles4Merrick@gmail.com. We're also having an AR-15 raffle ($5 ea or 5/$20) and wheelbarrow liquor raffle ($3 ea or 4/$10) ! At the event, we'll have 50/50 drawing, silent auction, and BBQ sandwiches ($5) and ice cold beverages for sale!

Volunteers and donations are gladly acc...epted!! We need extra tables and chairs for tourny, briskets for BBQ, and silent auction items. We would LOVE silent auction items such as: Texans memorabilia, Scentsy package, Mary Kay basket, Wine baskets, Premiere Designs jewelry, Cross purse, anything BLINGY, Oil changes, hunting/fishing gear, Artwork, children's games/toys, Gift certificates for local businesses in Alvin and Pearland... whatever you think will sell - large or small! Please email us at Miracles4Merrick@gmail.com to donate and/or volunteer. PayPal miracles4merrick@gmail.com WE APPRECIATE YOU!!

Message me for raffle ticket purchases or donations!

Comment

Heart-jerking story. I'll be in touch. Merricks a hero!

Comment

Glad we can be a part of it Matt.
        t
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Shout out to Tobin at Trout Support! I have been helping with this benefit for over a month and Tobin was one of the first to step up and donate. He offered his full line of videos!

In my opinion they are worth every penny! On a side note, I actually won the first redfish DVD at last years WestEndAnglers BBQ cook off, ha ha!

Comment

what do those 4 videos usual sell for?

Comment

Think they're about 40 bucks each JT.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Tobins a great guy. How about doing a fishing tournament to go along with it? No cash prizes but maybe trophies or donated prizes and all entrys go to the charity.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  Think they're about 40 bucks each JT.
                  OK Thanks..Ill buy them all now for $500 and make the donation and he can put something else up if he wants to. Tell me who to make the check to and an address to send it; and you can mail me the movies.

Comment

I should say "IF" you want to take the item off the list right now...sorry

Comment

You the MAN JT

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                        OK Thanks..Ill buy them all now for $500 and make the donation and he can put something else up if he wants to. Tell me who to make the check to and an address to send it; and you can mail me the movies.
                        Wow JT that would be great! This is a done deal! I am messaging you right now!

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                          I should say "IF" you want to take the item off the list right now...sorry
                          These items are officially off the list!
                          Last edited by Zeitgeist; March 4, 2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophytroutman View Post
                            Tobins a great guy. How about doing a fishing tournament to go along with it? No cash prizes but maybe trophies or donated prizes and all entrys go to the charity.
                            That is a great idea but we are probably a little long in the tooth in time and planning. Believe me, the fishing brotherhood has stepped up for this young man!

Captain Bryan Brawner had already offered a free 1/2 day trip for auction. Then he and Roy Crush at Texas Boys Outdoors are considering featuring Merrick on one of his TV Episodes next season!

God bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
                              These items are officially off the list!
                              Deal

Comment

Working...
                              X